Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
After a couple of days of trying the MVH headmount, I am not sure about it. At first fitting it's more comfortable than the Elite Strap, but, after 30-45 minutes it gets uncomfortable. It applies pressure on different parts of your head slowly over time. Until it gets too annoying to wear. And every time I take it off, there are deep marks on my forehead and at the side of head.

It's so difficult to find the right fit. I readjust it, and I think, yeah, this feels more comfortable and it is for a while, then it just seems to be putting pressure on different parts of my head than the previous adjustment. The biggest problem is that you have to wear it for around 30 to 60 minutes before you can tell properly if the adjustments have worked or not.

I have tried with and without counterweight on the back. Also I have tried with the stock strap to hold the weight instead of the supplied straps.

Might see can I get some more padding/cushioning for the front headband cover and give it another go tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
I applied extra foam on the sides and even small slices around the cog fitting screw pieces.

I also put some underneath the front headband cover.

I think it's easy to over tighten it, when it really doesn't need to be too tight.

Soldato
ok, I spent the last few hours making changes to the MVH headmount and testing it out.

First I removed the supplied headband cover. It's so thin that it's almost useless!! Then I got my spare VR Cover and turned it upside down and placed it so that it covered the headband strap and most of the top strap. I fixed it in place using zip ties and some velcro strips. I got the velcro from two power cables, you know you see them attached to some power adapters for cable management. I am also using the stock strap to hold the weight of the Quest 2, I used a zip tie to attach it to the back of the headmount

It's only done very roughly at the moment. There are some things I have to work out. But, I tried it out for an hour and it was much better comfort wise and left no marks on my forehead!!

Here are some pictures, because I know I suck at explaining things :)

6IKqKbJ.jpg

fxBr4uz.jpg

Soldato
OP
Looks good! I like the idea behind using the padding from the facemask! I've just used foam tape on those. My issue came from the sides being pulled in too far (narrow head) and being pressure points, but seem to have got around that now.

Something I do like about it, is that I can have it on relatively loosely for a lot of things (fishing for instance), but then can easily tighten it up and it still be comfortable, for gorilla tag.

Soldato
Looks good! I like the idea behind using the padding from the facemask! I've just used foam tape on those. My issue came from the sides being pulled in too far (narrow head) and being pressure points, but seem to have got around that now.

Something I do like about it, is that I can have it on relatively loosely for a lot of things (fishing for instance), but then can easily tighten it up and it still be comfortable, for gorilla tag.

Yeah, I am happy with the results so far, it's still not just right but much better than it was at Stock. I just realised something too, I should be able attach the VR Cover padding to the headband using velcro. Not wrapped around it like I have now.

And that is a good thing about it. It stays on even if a little loose.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I am happy with the results so far, it's still not just right but much better than it was at Stock. I just realised something too, I should be able attach the VR Cover padding to the headband using velcro. Not wrapped around it like I have now.

And that is a good thing about it. It stays on even if a little loose.

It does take a lot of fiddling and adjustment, but I feel that it has the potential for a very high comfort ceiling, even if it takes time.

Soldato
ok, I spent the last few hours making changes to the MVH headmount and testing it out.

First I removed the supplied headband cover. It's so thin that it's almost useless!! Then I got my spare VR Cover and turned it upside down and placed it so that it covered the headband strap and most of the top strap. I fixed it in place using zip ties and some velcro strips. I got the velcro from two power cables, you know you see them attached to some power adapters for cable management. I am also using the stock strap to hold the weight of the Quest 2, I used a zip tie to attach it to the back of the headmount

It's only done very roughly at the moment. There are some things I have to work out. But, I tried it out for an hour and it was much better comfort wise and left no marks on my forehead!!

Here are some pictures, because I know I suck at explaining things :)

6IKqKbJ.jpg

fxBr4uz.jpg
Apparently, VR cover are doing a complete padded assembly for the MVH headstrap..... only 100 notes! :D

Soldato
Let us know what you think.

@McPhee How are you getting on with yours?

I haven't used it much yet. From the few short sessions I've had, it's a huge improvement over my previous strap. But only after I added a battery to the back cover. Before that, the headset was pulling the whole thing forward and it was pretty awful. I've only got a few grumbles: 1. this needs to ship with some sort of manual, 2. it all feels a bit cheap and flimsy, and 3. he needs to start making it in white.

I'm looking forward to a big Skyrim session at some point to give it a proper test. Might not be for a while though; I'm moving house, then got exams immediately after, followed by my dissertation hand-in, followed by more exams.

Associate
My MVH head strap was shipped a week ago Wednesday and it's still not arrive. I emailed them yesterday but not had a reply yet.

Shipped this Monday for me and I've also had nothing yet and there frustratingly isn't a tracking number. I do wonder if its maybe been "dispatched" if you know what I mean as Royal Mail is rarely that slow.

Soldato
I think I watched this for some kind of MVH headstrap review.... or something.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

The manufacturer also comments on how it should be worn.

Soldato
I think I watched this for some kind of MVH headstrap review.... or something.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

The manufacturer also comments on how it should be worn.

And still neglects the back strap. MVH really does need to make instructions on how to fit this properly. You see, it really doesn't matter too much what way you wear it for the first 10-15 minutes. Because if feels great when you first put it on. But if you are wearing wrong for longer sessions, then that's where the problems start. Instead of the weight been distributed evenly across your whole head, it's been applied to a few pressure points.

When you get it right, it's really good. It took me a good few days to get it that way though.

Associate
Bought some prescription lenses from Adlens. The main reason I went with them is they should be here pretty quickly. VRoptician had a lead time of 6-8 weeks.

They should be here early next week.

Soldato
My MVH head strap arrived and I’ve just got it set up. As I bought the generic battery version the included usb cable is just too short for how my battery band sits so I’ve ordered a longer one from Amazon. I had a longer one but it was too long so hopefully the one I’ve bought will be in the Goldilocks Zone.

Back
Top Bottom