Road shoes for wide feet

Soldato
As title - after recommendations for road shoes for wider feet. I’ve had some RO87s which were a bit too long, and recently I bought some Bont Riots which are supposed to be quite good for wide feet, but I think my flippers are still just a smidge too wide for them and it’s quite painful when I’m trying hard. Pins and needles and a squashing feeling.

Anyone else in a similar situation have a real recommendation? Articles I can find all seem a bit like generic shilling of random shoes rather than real experience.

I’m gonna try a ride with the Velcro at the front of the riots looser, but I think the ‘tub’ of the shoe is just a bit too narrow. If you’ve used Bonts you’ll know what I mean, they have a quite hard plastic lower half that wraps round your foot.

Soldato
OP
Are the Riots heat mouldable? If so, you might be able to adjust them a bit (apologies if you've done this already).

They are and I have, I’m just starting to think that my feet are just about too wide for them. I’m going to keep trying with them as according to the measurements I should be fine, but they haven’t been working out for me yet :(

Soldato
OP
Do Bont make a wide? I think they do.

They can do fully custom but you might need deep pockets.

They do, but I kind of felt like they still wouldn’t be super comfy.

Just done an hour on the trainer in the Lakes, still a bit of pins and needles but a significant improvement, I will experiment with cleat adjustments and seat positioning now and see if I can get rid of it entirely.

Back
Top Bottom