• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
GPU 96C!, their running that chip a bit bloody warm :eek:

That's actually cool for the power it's drawing, 625w! I'd have thought it would hit 120c. It's such a stupid marketing piece, no one else mahouts do this - do not use the 1000w XOC bios without exotic cooling

Man of Honour
OP
That's actually cool for the power it's drawing, 625w! I'd have thought it would hit 120c. It's such a stupid marketing piece, no one else mahouts do this - do not use the 1000w XOC bios without exotic cooling

The comical thing is the people using the card would probably get a higher score on those benches by lowering the clocks and power usage.

I also think the card would be much nicer if there was a black version as well.

Just had a thought IIRC They sell a lot of cards in Asia, wonder if they have considered doing a Jade coloured HOF. Don't think they would sell many in Europe though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would not have that abortion in my PC (even if it did not have a window), will stick to my FE but be nicer if it was black not dark silver (I may wrap it)

Soldato
NVIDIA NVLink 2021 Update and Compatibility Chart

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NVIDIA-NVLink-2021-Update-and-Compatibility-Chart-2074/

Basically the A6000 3 slot and 2 slot NVlink bridges will work on 3090s in SLI too. So now you can SLI without a 4 slot space motherboard with the A6000 bridges. (but make sure you have good air flow if not using blower 3090's or water cooled). 4-slot spacing is fine with air cooling FE or AIBs that are none blower, but make sure case has good air flow).

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 4-slot and RTX A6000 2-slot NVLink Bridges

arFncsb.jpg

AqY4Sz3.jpg

kdkZp2Q.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty epic. True story, yesterday I removed my PSU and cleaned case etc broke down most of the PC. Anyway I put back the 3090 and realised after booting I put it in the lower PCI-e slot... this got me thinking 'oh yeah I wonder if another 3090 would fit there' haha

I was just pondering the same thing couple of days ago.
The problem is you cant buy 2x3090FE any more...with the official Nvidia reseller.

need to open a new account.

Soldato
I was just pondering the same thing couple of days ago.
The problem is you cant buy 2x3090FE any more...with the official Nvidia reseller.

need to open a new account.
Remember when 3090's use to last hours or even days on their site after it was dropped... now, it lasts just as long as the 3080 does lol...

Was telling a mate last month he should just buy a 3090 and get over all this waiting and stressing. Now he can't even do that!

Associate
Remember when 3090's use to last hours or even days on their site after it was dropped... now, it lasts just as long as the 3080 does lol...

Was telling a mate last month he should just buy a 3090 and get over all this waiting and stressing. Now he can't even do that!

Yeap and people were like,

"3080Ti is coming for like £999",
"3090 wont be worth anything"
"£1399 price is crazy expensive for only 20% perf over 3080"

And now you have 3080 AIB selling on OCUK parent German site for £1570 pounds YOLO. And its a top seller. :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek:

https://www.caseking.de/en/msi-gefo...-7fedx-sU8RpqHGQYrYts0_WYbADcqmOTqgL-aELP6Ib8

Associate

When I started thinking about a 3090 because, the writing was and is on the wall for the 3080, I was umming and arring whether to just buy a 3090??
OCUK had a few different makes for around £1600, which was double the price of a 3080, which put quite a few people off, as it apparently had only 10% more umpf.
But as the days went by, the price started to rise for both the 3080 and the 3090. People then started to buy the 3090, so the price went up and up!
In January I saw a number of 3090's were showing 10+ in stock, so I bit the bullet and got an Inno3D RTX3090 X4 for the eye watering price of £1799.99 !!! ( that's 17' gaming laptop money or even a decent complete PC money!!)
It took a week to get to me and on the whole I'm happy with it. I would have liked it cheaper, so should have got it a week previously!?
So a month later the beginning of February, there are no 3090's available, and my card, even though you can't buy it or order it, it's now £2099.99 !!!!!!
Even looking at let's say Sapphire RX6900XT NITRO OC is £1499.99!!!!! you can't buy or order one either, but this is a £1000 card.
I have no idea when the bubble will burst, I just hope those in the queue for 3080 don't get a really bad deal when the 3080ti comes out?? The 3080 will then start to be 'old' in comparison, and those people have been waiting 6 months for a card and are still waiting.
As for the 3090, is it going to go up even further?? £2500......£2750......£3000......????
As there are so many variables about the future of GPU's and their prices, you really can't take an educated guess either.
The only thing that concerns me is the manufacturers in the future.....they've seen what people are prepared to pay (me included) and will set their prices accordingly for any new versions of their GPU.
PC gaming could become an extremely niche market and that's only sad for the future of PC gaming, where people might just not bother any more and consoles will then be the gaming platform of choice and affordability......

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeap and people were like,

"3080Ti is coming for like £999",
"3090 wont be worth anything"
"£1399 price is crazy expensive for only 20% perf over 3080"

And now you have 3080 AIB selling on OCUK parent German site for £1570 pounds YOLO. And its a top seller. :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your being very generous/kind.

The real version was "£1399 price is crazy expensive for only 10% perf at best over 3080" and also "only mugs would buy it". ;)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
#metoo

But not a single regret. Only thing I regret at present is not getting into the queue for a 5950X sooner.

8 weeks and waiting so far for my next PC. :(

Back
Top Bottom