• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I got a 3060Ti this time after weeks of waiting. Feel very lucky.

Although when the 3070 dropped a few minutes later I did get minor pangs of regret as I would have preferred one of those. Can't complain though. Very lucky overall.

Yeah, annoying how they released in ascending order of power. 3060Ti, 3070, 3080. Do you just get what you can at the time and risk missing out on a more powerful card..?

Soldato
Got my 3080 today and it's my first Nvidia card in over 10 years. Excitedly installed drivers with GFE. Then I ran Witcher 3 and sadly there is tons of coil whine :mad:. Never knew it could be so bad. Same thing in Heaven benchmark. I hope it settles down but rather annoyed this is a problem on such expensive hardware. NEver had issues with any AMD card I owned.

Soldato
Got my 3080 today and it's my first Nvidia card in over 10 years. Excitedly installed drivers with GFE. Then I ran Witcher 3 and sadly there is tons of coil whine :mad:. Never knew it could be so bad. Same thing in Heaven benchmark. I hope it settles down but rather annoyed this is a problem on such expensive hardware. NEver had issues with any AMD card I owned.

My had coil whine initially, but it has pretty much gone within a week.

Soldato
My had coil whine initially, but it has pretty much gone within a week.

I hope it goes otherwise I might have to return it or sell it off and buy an AIB card or go back to AMD. Poor show when a £600+ gpu has coil whine. The only time I heard coil whine was with my old 290X and only at over 1000fps on loading screens. This 3080FE actually gets worse coil at lower than 100 fps.

G J

G J

Associate
Yep I cant get a FE card and I cant get a second hand/new card without paying way over the odds for it.

Now theres people on here saying they now got a second FE card. :eek:

I've got a wanted thread open in the MM as I cant sit at the computer 24/7 to beat people who buy/respond within minutes which some of these people now have 2/3+ cards. It seems I'm not the only one whos noticed that people need cards for "friends"

Soldato
Yep I cant get a FE card and I cant get a second hand/new card without paying way over the odds for it.

I've got a wanted thread open in the MM as I cant sit at the computer 24/7 to beat people who buy/respond within minutes which some of these people now have 2/3+ cards. It seems I'm not the only one whos noticed that people need cards for "friends"

Who wouldn't be tempted by a 100% profit if there are buyers. The retailer who sells them is limiting to one per person but the scalpers most likely are buying them under multiple ID's or addresses.

I got mine through partalert on discord since there is no other way to find out quick enough when there is a drop. I got lucky since I tried to get a 3070 but was too slow to complete the captcha popup. However, the 3080 drop came a few minutes after and I was already logged in. Once it's in your basket it's almost guaranteed you got it. It took my near a minute to complete the order with all the loading screens and payment verification but it went through.

Just install discord on phone or open it on your pc and keep a look out now and again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Leave heaven on a loop for 24 hours if you can and hopefully it’ll disappear.

Associate

I have managed to get 2 x Nvidia FE cards, 1 x MBA card. Not scalped a single one. Kept the AMD, one FE to a nephew who works in the health/social care sector, so far about 22 people where he works have caught covid. On one of those occasions so many people were away from work sick with covid not only could he not isolate as there were so few staff left he was pulling extra shifts to keep people alive and well. Another FE went to someone my nephew knows who is in the forces and is usually locked on base.

I was pleased to see that the last drop was in the evening giving those who work during the day time a better chance, sick to see lots still went to scalpers.
If you want an FE and are prepared to pay around a grand the 3080ti is said to be due in April, so hopefully the time for that drop will be known if you are around for it, there will be lots trying though

https://youtu.be/LZC3wxwMY_U?t=24

Associate

What's so hard to believe people getting them for actual friends? Surely plenty buy them to sell at higher prices, but I managed to get a 2nd card for a friend who isn't ever at his computer except for gaming in a evening/night. If you do a job where you aren't at a computer maybe ask a mate (who is at a computer all day) to keep an eye on the telegram group or twitter account for part alert and drop him a crate of beer for his trouble.

G J

G J

Associate
I get that some people do get cards for friends but some are using it as an excuse to scalp/flip but annoying as it is theres nothing I can do about it so I'll look into getting alerts on my phone and follow some accounts on discord and twitter as I cant be on my PC all the time.

A month or so ago I had money for a 3060ti FE so now I could go 3070 FE now and if this carries on for another few months I'll end up with a 3080 FE. :D

Back
Top Bottom