The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So, after giggling at my driveway, took it out in the dry (but not overly warm) for a run around some local known roads including the Redditch cloverleafs.

This thing is monstrous in presence and power. People just move out the way and you put your foot down anywhere and its off like a rocket.

Its got nearly new Pirelli tyres on it, Lambo marked as well. Theyre ****. Even after getting them well warmed up the confidence in the tyres just wasnt there. Honestly I dont understand why people buy Pirelli in the UK, our climate just isnt good for them. As such, will be ordering the MPS4S soon. Anyone need a set of 255/30/ZR20 and 355/25/ZR21 tyres, 6mm tread all around :D:D:rolleyes:

Found out its under 90 quid to fill the tank as well. £85.99 to fill from red light to full with Shell vPower.

Getting on and off the drive is still scary so with that being sorted next week probably wont drive it until then.

Soldato
So, after giggling at my driveway, took it out in the dry (but not overly warm) for a run around some local known roads including the Redditch cloverleafs.

This thing is monstrous in presence and power. People just move out the way and you put your foot down anywhere and its off like a rocket.

Its got nearly new Pirelli tyres on it, Lambo marked as well. Theyre ****. Even after getting them well warmed up the confidence in the tyres just wasnt there. Honestly I dont understand why people buy Pirelli in the UK, our climate just isnt good for them. As such, will be ordering the MPS4S soon. Anyone need a set of 255/30/ZR20 and 355/25/ZR21 tyres, 6mm tread all around :D:D:rolleyes:

Found out its under 90 quid to fill the tank as well. £85.99 to fill from red light to full with Shell vPower.

Getting on and off the drive is still scary so with that being sorted next week probably wont drive it until then.
Wow that's some difference, however I've always found pirellis to be poor. My 911 had pzero rossos (I think that was the name) and they were poor until I put Michelin on. My m3 had pirellis on and they weren't t very good either, I have just changed them to ps4s's. I found the pirellis seemed to tramline a lot, I don't know if they have stiffer sidewalls or not, I suspect on a track they maybe better but on the road they are poo. Fwiw your front tyres are the same width as my rears:D:eek:.

OcUK Staff
Wow that's some difference, however I've always found pirellis to be poor. My 911 had pzero rossos (I think that was the name) and they were poor until I put Michelin on. My m3 had pirellis on and they weren't t very good either, I have just changed them to ps4s's. I found the pirellis seemed to tramline a lot, I don't know if they have stiffer sidewalls or not, I suspect on a track they maybe better but on the road they are poo. Fwiw your front tyres are the same width as my rears:D:eek:.

Mustang came on brand new Pzero and they were ok during Winter months on the basis you drove like a saint because even on cold dry days they lacked grip and in cold and wet situations they were lethal and not progressive at all.

458 came on near new Pzeros and it was hopeless on them in the cold.

Both cars changed to Supersports on Mustang and PS4S on 458 and the cars were transformed in cold weather where you could push hard and have confidence and more feel and in the wet it was a transformation.

Both might be high performance summer tyres but the Pzero really dislikes anything under 20c I’ve found whereas they PS4S works very well as low as 0c in the dry and is very competent even in very cold wet conditions it’s more an all season tyre in its wide spread ability but in Summer months it’s amongst the very best of summer tyres!

The new Conti and Goodyear tyres are also now exceptional too and I’d go as far as saying Goodyear has potentially passed Michelin though it’s extremely close.

But ditch those Pzero the difference will be incredible.

Soldato
Mustang came on brand new Pzero and they were ok during Winter months on the basis you drove like a saint because even on cold dry days they lacked grip and in cold and wet situations they were lethal and not progressive at all.

458 came on near new Pzeros and it was hopeless on them in the cold.

Both cars changed to Supersports on Mustang and PS4S on 458 and the cars were transformed in cold weather where you could push hard and have confidence and more feel and in the wet it was a transformation.

Both might be high performance summer tyres but the Pzero really dislikes anything under 20c I’ve found whereas they PS4S works very well as low as 0c in the dry and is very competent even in very cold wet conditions it’s more an all season tyre in its wide spread ability but in Summer months it’s amongst the very best of summer tyres!

The new Conti and Goodyear tyres are also now exceptional too and I’d go as far as saying Goodyear has potentially passed Michelin though it’s extremely close.

But ditch those Pzero the difference will be incredible.
I'm glad it's not just me, sometimes you start questioning these things (was a few years ago when I had the 911).

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I'm glad it's not just me, sometimes you start questioning these things (was a few years ago when I had the 911).

GTR came with Pirellis, being the first time I had "decent" rubber thought they were the muts nuts... swapped to mps4s as one of the first cars in the UK as documented here on ocuk, blew my socks off.

Gallardo came on Pirellis, nearly binned it a week into ownership when they just let go on a corner with no warning, fortunately it was a wide road and the AWD kicked in time to save it.

AV is getting MPS4S as soon as my local tyre supplier can get some at a good price, already have a buyer for the set coming off my car lol.

Back
Top Bottom