**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
This sim still needs a lot of work on bugs/performance but when it works its amazing...I love it :)

Iv not had any CTD since world update 3 but sometimes i do have preformance probs not so much over citys tho...Strange

Soldato
Ugh... just tried to play this in my Rift CV1 with my 980Ti, it actually runs and now I'm just more frustrated at the GPU situation, oh well, maybe in a year I might get hold of one :)

Associate
This sim still needs a lot of work on bugs/performance but when it works its amazing...I love it :)

Iv not had any CTD since world update 3 but sometimes i do have preformance probs not so much over citys tho...Strange

I've had the same since the last update, no CTD but now and then when on approach to airports near cities, my frames will drop from 50 to a slideshow for about 10 seconds then back to normal again.

Associate
Sometimes when flying the FBW A320, I get random massive frame drops from like 35 to 14fps. It’s stays like that for a few seconds then jumps back up. Can’t figure out why.

I use the FBW mod are you using the Dev version or 5.3 Stable?

I ask because the Dev version as of last week had some preformance problems the latest Dev build is a lot better

Soldato
With any luck Sim update 3 thats out either this week or next will fix a lot of this :)

In theory it might be today.

The latest roadmap chart released when they announced it was being pushed back a week shows it as 03/09 (silly yankee date format) so fingers crossed! They have a really confusing setup imo where the dates shown are the thursday dev updates, and any update done within that week will be put under that end of week date's header. The date in parenthesis following a given item gives the date it is expected to drop in that prior week. Bizarre.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-february-25th-2021-development-update/370620

Last edited:
Associate
In theory it might be today.

The latest roadmap chart shows it as 03/09 (silly yankee date format) so fingers crossed! They have a really confusing setup imo where the dates shown are the thursday dev updates, and any update done within that week will be put under that end of week date's header. The date in parenthesis following a given item gives the date it is expected to drop in that prior week. Bizarre.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-february-25th-2021-development-update/370620

The Dev Q$A is tomorrow on twitch, Hope it is today but i reckon it will be either this Thursday if not next Tuesday

Associate
This was happening on the stable version. Haven’t noticed it since switching to the dev version.
Might try the experimental in case that has the improved auto land system where you can switch both AP’s on.

Yeah iv heard about the Auto land they have working, The other day i landed at JFK I could not see the ground being 300FT above it, Major fog, was scary in VR lol...Landed it tho

Soldato
After all the moaning about the last minute pushback of the last world update it'd be brave of them to do it again...

The linked roadmap showing the 9th of March date is from the same dev update (feb 25th) that they announced they were pushing it back a week due to the flaps hotfix needing testing, so incorporates that delay. I was confused by the fact it's under the March 11th header but as mentioned I've since found out that's just the weird way they construct their roadmap, this is a quote from a community manager:

Development Updates typically come out every Thursday. When there is a program update associated with it, they group it in with that week’s dev update - with the anticipated date of the program update in parenthesis.

So the 11th March header is the Thursday Development update and the program update of Sim Update III falls within that week, but has the actual expected due date in parenthesis.

So basically if it doesn't come out today, it's another last minute unannounced delay.

Back
Top Bottom