When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
Think again

What someone has spent £40k on a Tesla yet is wasting 30 minutes driving back and forward to save a tenner?

Doesn't make any sense. Unless it's a company car and tyres and services are included and they have nothing better to do with their time.

It's like someone buying a £60k diesel luxury SUV. Then deciding to run it on chip pan oil and spending back and forward trips to the local takeaways collecting used oil.

Caporegime
What someone has spent £40k on a Tesla yet is wasting 30 minutes driving back and forward to save a tenner?

Doesn't make any sense. Unless it's a company car and tyres and services are included and they have nothing better to do with their time.

It's like someone buying a £60k diesel luxury SUV. Then deciding to run it on chip pan oil and spending back and forward trips to the local takeaways collecting used oil.
Oh it’s £10 now. Thought it was £1.80.

maybe he needed it charging faster than a granny lead charger can do as he only just got it ?

Caporegime
Oh it’s £10 now. Thought it was £1.80.

maybe he needed it charging faster than a granny lead charger can do as he only just got it ?

Depends on the car and whether your on that tariff where companies sometimes pay you to charge your car because of an excess being generated by solar and wind.

It also doesn't explain why they swapped cars out and drove off again.

He clearly doesn't need it for a while so could charge at home.

Caporegime
Yes it's funny and sadly you are right people can't resist free! Supermarket charge points should actually be for people who can't charge at home, but people will blag the free electricity.

Yeah the most expensive part of running an electric car is buying it. The running costs are tiny. So someone trying to blag free running costs is hilarious especially for a Tesla.

If it was a Nissan leaf first gen or a cheap electric car fair enough.

But the guy must be off his head thinking he's saving money by charging his Tesla by going to drop it off and pick it up at the local shops every day.

If he also wanted to take advantage of fast charging or didn't have access to a charger at his hotel. Then he would be parking up and sitting in the car not leaving it there for the day and jumping into another electric car and going back and forth charging both from the same point.

Soldato
Maybe they'd got a powercut at home and had a journey to do I dunno :p

But I guess the point stands that when these things really become mainstream I'm not sure free will be a viable, you'll have these points in car parks filled with taxis and vans on their break half the time.

Soldato
I guess people can be weird.
Going out of your way to use a slow charger, to save ~£10 on a re-charge, when they have a £40k+ Tesla is as weird as people who replace their perfectly good iCE car, for a new model, purely because it has free/cheaper ‘road tax’, or offers 10mpg better range. Hey, ‘I’m spending a lot to save a little’ :p

Caporegime
I guess people can be weird.
Going out of your way to use a slow charger, to save ~£10 on a re-charge, when they have a £40k+ Tesla is as weird as people who replace their perfectly good iCE car, for a new model, purely because it has free/cheaper ‘road tax’, or offers 10mpg better range. Hey, ‘I’m spending a lot to save a little’ :p

The only time changing cars has saved me money is when I sold a 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X (in 2012) for £16,500 and bought a 3 year old BMW 330d E91 LCI (touring) for less than £13k

Seems Polestar released an OTA update recently that is bricking some cars! Bit careless.

Soldato
Seems Polestar released an OTA update recently that is bricking some cars! Bit careless.
I’ve got my car booked in at Volvo on Monday to do the update, which will also fix my 4G issue.
The OTA function was added in the last update and early versions were still buggy. Some owners have experienced issues updating. Polestar CS is pretty good though - same day car pickup and courtesy car left.

This Feb update is improving the charging curve so makes better use of faster chargers and gives more range, along with some other stuff.

Man of Honour
I just popped in to say how absolutely amazing the Audi Etron GT looks.

Finally, a full EV that just looks like a normal car not a something out of a sci-fi movie or an SUV.

Probably the nicest looking Audi ever, both inside and out. As a BMW fan it pains me to see they have absolutely nothing close to it nor it seems anything on the horizon.

Soldato

Finally, a full EV that just looks like a normal car not a something out of a sci-fi movie or an SUV.

Probably the nicest looking Audi ever, both inside and out. As a BMW fan it pains me to see they have absolutely nothing close to it nor it seems anything on the horizon.

Have printed a copy of this post on archival paper :D

It does look good. Still looks very futuristic/modern, but in a good way, not merely being outlandish for the sake of it. Shame a lot of the exciting developments are still in that price bracket.

Soldato
I’d rather have something from a sci-fi movie. The Etron does look good but it’s just another Audi. Nothing to get excited about apart from the fact it’s electric.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I’d rather have something from a sci-fi movie. The Etron does look good but it’s just another Audi. Nothing to get excited about apart from the fact it’s electric.
The fact that it looks basically like an Audi, but is actually technically very advanced, is Mr Foxs point and why he thinks that it is quite exciting to see EVs like that being released.

Soldato
Finally, a full EV that just looks like a normal car not a something out of a sci-fi movie
I see your point :p

51008502456_0fef251024_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom