What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Shallow Grave. And, even all these years later, I'm still wondering why the hell they didn't just take the suitcase somewhere safe and then phone the police about finding Hugo dead.

Caporegime
Just finished the new Star Wars trilogy (VII-IX) and thought it was epic. Had to hold back the tears on several occasions as I got choked up by some scenes. Easily better than I-III but IV-VI reign supreme. Nothing can beat Darth Vader.

Caporegime
Not last night but right now - Domino. Currently on Sky Cinema Thriller.

wiki | imdb

Interesting looking cast, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Guy Pearce. Could be an interesting premise.

But something has gone badly wrong. It's incredibly bad.

Man of Honour
Thor The Dark World - 6.5/10 it’s not one of my favourites.

Iron man 3 - 7/10 I enjoyed it more than I remember.

Still enjoying watching them and perhaps appreciating them more in this order, although the after credit sequences don’t always make sense.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Been watching the marvel films in order as well over the past month and just watched GotG2. I remember thinking it wasn’t a patch on the first but I had forgotten how lacklustre it was. It was like a really poor fan film with a huge budget. Weak jokes, too much CGI and just generally a weak plot.

5/10 if I am being generous.

Associate
Hot tub time machine 6/10
Ok, this is one of those films that's so terrible its actually good :p It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the title, but it's pretty amusing and entertaining at times. Just don't expect anything too clever..

My cousin Vinny 7.5/10
For some reason I have never seen this film. The Mrs was wanting to see it again so thought why not give it a go. Entertaining, with Pesci and Marisa Tomei both excellent in it.

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Toy Story 4

Toy Stories 1-3 are hugely personal for me. Grew up with them, they inspired me to take up animation in uni, and they'll always have a place in my heart. Toy Story 4 just...exists. I don't really see the need for it to be honest, especially after 3's ending.

I don't get why Buzz suddenly reverts to being a bumbling idiot who can't think for himself, when in 2 he had already snapped out of his serious "toy" mentality. I know Woody and Bo Peep have always had a bit of a flirty thing going on, but I don't think they really conveyed their relationship well enough to sell the idea of Woody be willing to throw away his friendship with all the other toys that he's known for what, 10, 15+ years to go away with her at the end. And Woody's goodbye to all the other toys was practically non-existent.

It felt like a movie directed by someone who has absolutely no clue about the history of the past movies. 2/5.

Soldato
Coming to America 2 - 4/10 - It was good to see all the cast back together and still they play well off each other plus it was fun to see the nod-backs to the earlier film and its "extended universe" but in the end, even with the bonus of the lunacy that Wesley Snipes in full on "Nic Cage Mode" brings, no amount of nostalgia can lift up the poor acting of younger cast (IDK if its the script or directing choice?) with the final devastating nail in the coffin being the oh so very tired script, which was just unbelievably bland for a comedy. I mean It tells you something when I thought the funniest lines are in the out-takes during the credits or the flashbacks to the original film, although I did think that the best "in-film" funny lines in this sequel were always given by the Barbershop group.

I really wanted for this to be good (6+ out of 10) and I think the "OG" cast might have been able to pull that off with a really good script but it wasn't to be and sadly I'm left thinking "why aren't 'Hollywood' writers capable of being 'LOL' funny any more?"

Caporegime
Brightburn

What if Superman was evil, essentially. Pretty middling, but some of the gory death scenes were lol.

4/10

Coming 2 America

I think it was perfectly fine as a silly comedy with throwbacks and nostalgia, and did get a few lols from me.

5/10

Raya And The Last Dragon

By the numbers fantasy Disney/Pixar, but I'll be damned if it wasn't GORGEOUS.

6/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom