Man of Honour
Something to think about

- obesity level
- severity of poverty
- exposure level to pollution
- diet or % with coronary and respiratory health conditions
- mental health
- racial inequalities

there should be more study on these factors. It will help to target support and response in future disease control as well as manage long term health care plans.

Off the top of my head, I'd add populaton density to that list. It obviously affects the chance of being infected, but it might also affect the risk of death by affecting the number of exposures and the initial viral load of the infection.

There are a lot of possible factors and many overlap. For example, population density and air pollution.

Soldato
Being more susceptible to covid? You know that’s BS right. There is no science or any proof that is the case. You are saying somehow genetically blacks are different to us?? Other than the genes governing skin pigment and hair...

make I what I am asking is why the death rate is higher not why there are more cases of covid in blacks.

Brighter cultural behaviour or lock down rule breaking or working in front lines can explain why rate is so much higher.
You do realise that black white and other ethnicities are vulnerable to different diseases right, Hypertension, Lung cancer, Sarcoidosis, diabetes just to name a few? Because there is a difference in genetics.

Soldato
OP
You do realise that black white and other ethnicities are vulnerable to different diseases right, Hypertension, Lung cancer, Sarcoidosis, diabetes just to name a few? Because there is a difference in genetics.
I didn’t realise there is any significant genetic variation in RACE that can cause a branching effect which can result in these disparity. I am happy to be proven wrong if you can point me to any proven scientific research in genetics variation linking to these disease to cause variations in blacks.

again, I would go back to people in their respective native countries that these issues are not as high percentage per population.

it has something to the society, social and/or environment in this country.

Soldato
I didn’t realise there is any significant genetic variation in RACE that can cause a branching effect which can result in these disparity. I am happy to be proven wrong if you can point me to any proven scientific research in genetics variation linking to these disease to cause variations in blacks.

again, I would go back to people in their respective native countries that these issues are not as high percentage per population.

it has something to the society, social and/or environment in this country.
You can check this for yourself, a 5 second google would provide you with more than enough evidence that certain ethnic groups are genetically susceptible to differing diseases, its widely known and accepted in the medical field, I'm not sure why you are questioning it?

Soldato
OP
You can check this for yourself, a 5 second google would provide you with more than enough evidence that certain ethnic groups are genetically susceptible to differing diseases, its widely known and accepted in the medical field, I'm not sure why you are questioning it?
Just googled hypertension link - top few results say links are inconclusive. they seem to be American research. No idea if they are peer reviewed or verified. One of the site actually said in the conclusion that environmental factors may have bigger contributions to hypertension than any genetic variation.

If you can point me in the direction of other disease you mentioned that has link to genetic variation it would be great. Thanks.

Also I think it is widely accepted amongst medical professionals blacks are more at risk to these diseases. But I am not sure it is accepted that their genetics are playing the part. Anyway I am happy to be proven wrong if that is the case.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just googled hypertension link - top few results say links are inconclusive. they seem to be American research. No idea if they are peer reviewed or verified. One of the site actually said in the conclusion that environmental factors may have bigger contributions to hypertension than any genetic variation.

If you can point me in the direction of other disease you mentioned that has link to genetic variation it would be great. Thanks.

Also I think it is widely accepted amongst medical professionals blacks are more at risk to these diseases. But I am not sure it is accepted that their genetics are playing the part. Anyway I am happy to be proven wrong if that is the case.

Any word why the fastest male and female runners are not white British?

Screenshot-20210306-100829-Chrome.jpg

Its like the science of genetics or something...

Caporegime
none of that excerpt says anything conclusive. Have you got the link to the full article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...aicans-sprinting-athletics-commonwealth-games

Its still early days for all of these types of studies.

But if you look at the top 10 fastest men in the world none of them come from the largest race in the world the Chinese or indians etc.

Odd that isn't it?

How would you explain that?

Is the 100m race inherently racist? Is it the officiating? How do you explain it?

Man of Honour

The most famous example is sickle cell anaemia, in which genetics does more than play a part - it's solely genetic. It's caused by variants of the beta globin gene. Variants that are almost non-existent in people whose relatively recent ancestry is from some parts of the world and present in over 40% of people whose relatively recent ancestry is from some other parts of the world. You can easily check that. It's well known and uncontested. Even the reason for the variation is well known - selection pressure caused by malaria. Which is why it has a correlation with skin colour -the same environmental conditions that make malaria more of a risk also happen to make darker skin more likely.

There are many less famous examples. It's most definitely accepted that variations of genes play a part in the prevalance of some diseases and the severity of some diseases. It's most definitely accepted that genetic variants are not uniformly distributed around the world. If they were, that would be excellent evidence for divine intervention because it wouldn't happen naturally.

Soldato
OP
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...aicans-sprinting-athletics-commonwealth-games

Its still early days for all of these types of studies.

But if you look at the top 10 fastest men in the world none of them come from the largest race in the world the Chinese or indians etc.

Odd that isn't it?

How would you explain that?

Is the 100m race inherently racist? Is it the officiating? How do you explain it?
Same article also provided below quote. It is interesting to see if there are any links to genetics. However as it stands it is a theory as opposed to proven fact. Looking at the west African covid cases, I would argue environmental and diet has a greater contributing factor. Need to find a load of twins (genetically identical) and one half live in west Africa and the other half in UK see if similar trends in the two population emerge...

Becoming more affluent makes no difference, and it is not strictly genetic: the west African population doesn’t suffer a similar problem. Something is different about the descendants of slaves. Epigenetic factors – changes that turn genes on and off – could well be responsible.

Caporegime
Same article also provided below quote. It is interesting to see if there are any links to genetics. However as it stands it is a theory as opposed to proven fact. Looking at the west African covid cases, I would argue environmental and diet has a greater contributing factor. Need to find a load of twins (genetically identical) and one half live in west Africa and the other half in UK see if similar trends in the two population emerge...

So what would you attribute the 10 fastest 100m times all being men of a certain diverse group to?

Why are there no Chinese or Indian in the top 10?

Soldato
Carefull pc-guy you will be called a racist and ignoramt to the views of white people soon. :p

So what would you attribute the 10 fastest 100m times all being men of a certain diverse group to?

Why are there no Chinese or Indian in the top 10?
Have you not even bothered to read your own crap?

Heres a clue 'the frequency of this varient is slightly higher...'.

Soldato
Caporegime
Carefull pc-guy you will be called a racist and ignoramt to the views of white people soon. :p

Have you not even bothered to read your own crap?

Heres a clue 'the frequency of this varient is slightly higher...'.

So you're saying that different races can have different frequencies of certain genes or attributes? And not just in terms of skin tone ?

Soldato
OFC there are differences, they are well documented. It's different enough that you can't transplant organs between people of different races.

Soldato
Just to add to this but it also seems to affect the type of medicine that can be given to a person. I recently learnt from my brother who is studying to become a physician associate that black people get different medicine for high blood pressure than white people.

Back
Top Bottom