BBC document on Covid (Health Service) and Racism

Soldato
Doctor who is the BBC chez-d'ouevre , but, they're not alone ... below, nail, in my tesco patronage, ... coke targetting bame in their adverts, also seems machieavellic
I seriously don't get your issue with the video? What am I supposed to be offended by?

Caporegime
I think the argument goes that more poor people are likely to die, and that more black people are poor. Therefore racism.

I know you think you are being flippant/ sarcastic here but what you have written is sort of true (in effect).

The primary reason that black communities in this country (and others like the USA) tend to be poor is due to the long term generational effects of racism/inequality which contributed to the stifling of social mobility for certain ethnic groups.

So, yes. Racism most likely heavily contributed to these communities being poor/poorer. Which then seemingly makes them more susceptible to Covid-19. So racism might well have been part of the cause for this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any word why the fastest male and female runners are not white British?

Screenshot-20210306-100829-Chrome.jpg

Its like the science of genetics or something...
whats the actual figure? the article says "slightly higher" which could be almost nothing like 0.01% but it fits someones narrative

maybe in african countries people with ability are more likely to succeed where as in western countries how much money your family has determines what sports you would have any chance at

How many UK Olympic athletes came from poverty ?

I see some sites say 80% of the population have at least one functioning copy of the gene

Last edited:
Caporegime
whats the actual figure? the article says "slightly higher" which could be almost nothing like 0.01% but it fits someones narrative

maybe in african countries people with ability are more likely to succeed where as in western countries how much money your family has determines what sports you would have any chance at

The figure is 100% of the top 10. None of the top 10 are Indian/Chinese or Irish.

I mentioned Chinese families and Indian families which are also poor yet are not represented in the top 10 despite accounting for approx 1/3 of the global population.

Caporegime
See now this is racism, African people kicked out of houses, banned from shops/hospitals etc

Screenshot-20210306-165745-Chrome.jpg

We don't see this in the UK, infact we have a lot of people from diverse backgrounds working in our healthcare system, so banning them wouldn't be possible.

But on an alternative point yes its possible that if someone were to manufacture a virus/threat they could tweak it to impact certain groups more than others.

Soldato
OP
See now this is racism, African people kicked out of houses, banned from shops/hospitals etc

We don't see this in the UK, infact we have a lot of people from diverse backgrounds working in our healthcare system, so banning them wouldn't be possible.

But on an alternative point yes its possible that if someone were to manufacture a virus/threat they could tweak it to impact certain groups more than others.
Ah-ha, this is interesting. Can you elaborate on how that can be done exactly. The genetic mutation that distinctively differentiate black people to others are very subtle and finite. How does an engineered virus can target this so called “group of people” without collateral damages? Do you have a specific mutation in mind and what effects of that mutation in physical manifestation could be used to be targeted?

I am pretty sure the Nazis spent the entire length of WWII try to find and use these mutations as they are well aware of genetics and its role.

bare in mind even with the ACTN3 gene you referenced in the Guardian article, it affects a small population of blacks world wide. That won’t be sufficient to say become a targeted marker for a “race” wide engineered virus. It is probably by chance a portion of the population of certain race will be more severely affected than others by certain viruses.

didn’t US for a few decades peddled the notion that blacks were genetically wired to be more stupid than white in the early half of this century? That would definitely be useful attribute to maybe come up with a global ruse to lure all the blacks to some kind of jeopardy and end it once for all?

Last edited:
Soldato

Ironically, some of the worst racism on the planet happens in majority black African countries. Though you won't hear that from the BBC of course.

Soldato
Thats tribalism, not racism.;)

Precisely, it's only racism when white people discriminate against other white or non-white ethnicities.

Perhaps it's genetics which makes only white people suceptible to being racist. Hopefully in the future scientists can isolate the 'white racism' gene and remove it to cure us of this disease. Maybe they can remove the "white privilege" gene whilst they're at it. We live in hope :cool:

Until then we'll just have to accept that we're all inherently racist whether we admit it or not and despite any actions we take to combat it....

Soldato
Until then we'll just have to accept that we're all inherently racist whether we admit it or not and despite any actions we take to combat it....
What are these combatting actions? Pretty sure this thread pointed you to a video to raise awareness and you spent the whole thread whinging about white people? :confused:

Soldato
Thats tribalism, not racism.;)

Yea even though it's usually way more violent (and genocidal).

Not a peep about it from the woke lot though. Or about the African leaders providing slave stock for the "white man" to buy in the first place. It was already going on long before Europeans arrived, but I guess that part is inconvenient...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea even though it's usually way more violent (and genocidal).

Not a peep about it from the woke lot though. Or about the African leaders providing slave stock for the "white man" to buy in the first place. It was already going on long before Europeans arrived, but I guess that part is inconvenient...
The difference is that when people talk about that sort of stuff there isnt a massive shouty group that says it isnt happening. The thread would literaly be.

That genocide stuff is really terrible isnt it.
Yes it is.

Unlike
That racism is really terrible isnt it.
What racism?
The historic systemic racism
Yeah what racism!!!
Yeah have you seen how they behave all the time smashing up stuff and looting.
They are even the top ten athletes in the world what have they got to complain about.

Caporegime
The difference is that when people talk about that sort of stuff there isnt a massive shouty group that says it isnt happening. The thread would literaly be.

That genocide stuff is really terrible isnt it.
Yes it is.

Unlike
That racism is really terrible isnt it.
What racism?
The historic systemic racism
Yeah what racism!!!
Yeah have you seen how they behave all the time smashing up stuff and looting.
They are even the top ten athletes in the world what have they got to complain about.

Sure Tony, that's the main difference between literal genocide and vague claims of racism based on differences in outcomes between groups....

Caporegime
The genocide comparison aside, it is a fair summary of this thread.
talking about racism makes people racist.
talking about woke stuff makes people anti woke.

someone had to add some fuel to the fire again to stop us forgetting about all that nonsense and make race/LGBT the centre of attention again.

at some point in the future people will realise how all the woke crap did the opposite of what they wanted, or the woke people don't realise they are being played for suckers.

If I would have went through life without knowing many black/asian people I would probably have been turned racist in the last year by all of the BLM crap

real privilege is being able to put on a demonstration/march because your black, white people can't do that during a pandemic

Soldato
talking about racism makes people racist.
talking about woke stuff makes people anti woke.

someone had to add some fuel to the fire again to stop us forgetting about all that nonsense and make race/LGBT the centre of attention again.

at some point in the future people will realise how all the woke crap did the opposite of what they wanted, or the woke people don't realise they are being played for suckers.

If I would have went through life without knowing many black/asian people I would probably have been turned racist in the last year by all of the BLM crap

real privilege is being able to put on a demonstration/march because your black, white people can't do that during a pandemic
You're feeling more racist because of this? :confused:

Caporegime
What sort of person hears talk about racism and thinks 'I like the sound of that Ill have a go with it and see where it leads'?
I mean because of people claiming you are subliminally racist or whatever because of the colour of your skin being white, apparently we have some hidden bias built in to our DNA

also people talking about racism makes others less likely to hide how they really feel.

like if your hold racist views and one of your friends starts moaning about taking the knee etc, your surely more likely to think it's acceptable to let your true feelings be known or you try to convert there simple groaning into actual racist views.

I thought most people are like "stop talking about it and it will go away" seems to make more sense than claiming everyone is biased based on their skin colour when it's more likely based on their upbringing and experiences of other races/cultures.

I doubt many peoples experiences are going to be negative if they actually had them

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not DNA, but you're getting closer...
oh crap I just realised most of the music I listen to is black people, that must be like having a black friend right?
so maybe I am racist but just don't realise it yet until someone educates me
nL2pwp0.jpg

damn better clear my youtube watch list before people realise it's mostly old school hiphop/rap and I'm outed as a member of the KKK

Back
Top Bottom