• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So did anyone actually get a 3060?

Associate
My powers of prediction are not as good as yours I am afraid. I will let you try playing a game in high detail and raytracing with a 3060 lol

Associate
My powers of prediction are not as good as yours I am afraid. I will let you try playing a game in high detail and raytracing with a 3060 lol

Sorry but you live in a fantasy world, again please provide evidence, for when I said that I will be playing games in high detail and ray tracing with a 3060, lmao. Look at my signature do I even run that class of card?

Soldato

Gave it a go in Control with my stock bargain basement 3060 and it worked out alright at 1080p all with the other settings at high in the Tomassi boss fight. Bear in mind my CPU is a 10400F with memory capped at 2666MHz so not exactly a beast, and I've not flashed my BIOS to support resizable BAR yet so better results could potentially be had.

1080p native+medium RT=~50FPS
720p->1080p DLSS+high RT =~60FPS
1080p native+high RT=~30FPS
1080p native no RT = ~65FPS

Say what you want about compromises or whatever but those are playable options with RT you have with the RTX 3060 that you don't have with the GTX 1080 Ti.

Going forward on average games are only really going to be playable with the GTX 1080 Ti at basically the same resolutions and settings as the RTX 3060, but with the 3060 you've got the option to use DLSS if you need more out of it. The 3060's TDP is a lot lower as well (170W vs 250W).

Associate
It all comes down to the cost and expectations.
If you already have a 1080ti the 3060 is not an upgrade so no point considering it.
If you don't have a card, a 2060s or similar will deliver the same performance at a lower price
Or
you could save for another month and get a 3060ti or AMD equivalent which will outperform the 3060 by a good margin and will be futureproof.

Associate
Not sure these results will appeal to many gamers.

Stop trolling, anyone, with a reasonable amount of knowledge of gaming surveys, knows that the results show that by far most people game on 1080p or less. If benchmark results are not interesting to at least some gamers then how do some youtubers make thousands each year from benchmarking games

Associate
by far most people game on 1080p or less

Yes. And some game on laptops too :D
I would think anybody that spends his hard earned cash for the latest generation GPU will not be playing at "1080p or less". If you think otherwise this forum is probably not for you.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Yes. And some game on laptops too :D
I would think anybody that spends his hard earned cash for the latest generation GPU will not be playing at "1080p or less". If you think otherwise this forum is probably not for you.

yeah but 240fps!!!!! gotta get all the frames.

iv been gaming at 1440p for like 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom