oTF9TnO.jpg

Then fixed the bulb fully into my cluster, here is what taking it out involves:

rcPQgi0.jpg

Then discovered the corner of my radiator is leaking :(

zkst0hY.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Smelt slight whiff of petrol when going into the garage, get under the car and have a feel around the hoses from the fuel tank/pump - get to for the fuel pump, give the hose a wiggle and the outlet shears clean off! Glad that didn't happen when I was driving! Was a good quality Bosch pump as well, although it was 15 years old. I've removed it now and drained the tank (typically I'd just filled it so had to drain 40 litres into two 20l jerry cans).

Have a Sytec Motorsport pump on order to replace it, should be here midweek.

Don
Crappy HK amp blew again, I'm onto the third replacement now! Warranty covered it but bored with it now, stripping the car of all the useless MOST amplifier (shall leave it to refit if I flog it) and cabling and I've shelled out for the following:

WGgCZHA.png

Audison Prima Forza AP F8.9 bit Amplifier & DSP
Audison DRC MP remote control
Helix MOST Interface
4 x Focal ES 100 K Front Component Speakers
2 x Focal underseat midrange 8" woofers

shall update with the amount of blood and skin I lose during the setup, the manual for the DSP alone is infinitely more complicated than a CCIE exam :p

I'd never get that back together without it rattling like mad

Don
I'd never get that back together without it rattling like mad

haha, it can't rattle anymore than it does already, oddly that was half the reason for the project. I have a vast roll of sticky felt and I'm not afraid to use it :p
Adhesive backed felt is amazing. Line every clip with it and wrap everything with it where it passes over and contacts something else! :)

Precisely this, just summoning the courage to lift the whole dash out though, never known an actual dashboard to have so many connecting wires and explosive devices....

Associate
With a 7-month old in tow now, and the mx5 gone (sadface), decided it was time to finally fit a car seat to the classic. Hoping for lots of car shows this year as last year was such a write-off, I didn't even bother putting the car on the road.

No seatbelts in the back, so decided to stick in an ISOFIX unit for future ease and so it's not visible otherwise.
Find some manufacturer-installed anchor points to identify some structural metal.

Add some new holes in the correct position.

Make some very quick spacer plates/brackets for the underside to spread any load.

And bolt in the universal bracket.

Not the most attractive job, but it's functional and invisible once the seats are back in.

Oh and also stuck on some new wheels. Needs to sort out lowering now!

Soldato
Adhesive backed felt is amazing. Line every clip with it and wrap everything with it where it passes over and contacts something else! :)

I fixed a handful of dashboard / trim rattles in my Mondeo using this. Years later and it's still a nice quiet ride with no rattles at all. Good old Hobbycraft.

Back
Top Bottom