On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Associate
Nothing in 21 days, first 2 weeks was easy. last week been feeling ill, not sure if related to not drinking.

Goal is to go till the 1st of march, or when the pubs are allowed to open, which ever is the latest and see if i cant have a couple of drinks with friends without it becoming an every day drinking problem.

Don
About 2 years dry now and about the same off the ciggies. The money I’ve saved is amazing. Makes me ill just thinking how much I pee’d up against a wall over the years!

Oh yeah forgot about fags too, gave them up towards the tail end of last year, I doubt that will forever, they are far too comforting in uber stressful/distressing times.

Soldato
Oh yeah forgot about fags too, gave them up towards the tail end of last year, I doubt that will forever, they are far too comforting in uber stressful/distressing times.
I thought that too about the ciggies, so grabbed a vape device thingy. It can be a great ‘crutch’ to fall back on when the urge gets too much due to stress etc.
Don’t give in to the fags, forby the health impact, the cost is utterly bonkers.

Permabanned
And isn't it great to wake up on a Sunday and feel fine and have a nice breakfast with the rest of the day to enjoy?.

Absolutely, this is the big driver for me, I had breakfast and then took my son for a long walk, after lunch will be outside doing some jobs. Such a nice crisp and sunny morning, it just felt good to be outside breathing the cold air... If I had been on the booze the night before this either wouldn't have happened or I would have felt not great and it would have been a chore.

Soldato
Down to two bottles of wine a week, but a bottle done in a session, not hard, I also work in a craft gin Distillery so free (new flavour, staff get a bottle) and cheap gin on tap, I'm still getting pretty hammered 2 nights a week (Afew gins after wine) problem is the amount of pleasure I get from it, especially after a hard day's s surfing, I can't see me ever giving up, relationship black holes being filled ect,

Soldato
Decided to do dry March after an awful hangover last Saturday.

I’m drinking at least five days out of seven (though it’s often every day), it’ll be a bottle of wine, couple of cocktails and a few strong beers at least each time on Friday and Saturday
Sunday will likely be the equivalent of a bottle of wine and a few beers.
During the week, easily split a bottle of wine and have a few cocktails or beers.

First weekend was actually ok. It was odd as my missus got drunk on Friday night whilst we played some board games. I ended up baking at ten pm so midnight cake instead of midnight whisky!

She went on a big covid approved walk with her friend in the evening last night and I struggled with knowing what to do - felt very weird not having a drink.

I have lots of spirits which are usually displayed on my dresser in the living room. I’ve put all of them out of sight which I think will help.

Hopefully I manage the month. My relationship with booze wasn’t healthy so really want to rebalance that.

good luck all!

Soldato
Decided to do dry March after an awful hangover last Saturday.

I’m drinking at least five days out of seven (though it’s often every day), it’ll be a bottle of wine, couple of cocktails and a few strong beers at least each time on Friday and Saturday
Sunday will likely be the equivalent of a bottle of wine and a few beers.
During the week, easily split a bottle of wine and have a few cocktails or beers.

First weekend was actually ok. It was odd as my missus got drunk on Friday night whilst we played some board games. I ended up baking at ten pm so midnight cake instead of midnight whisky!

She went on a big covid approved walk with her friend in the evening last night and I struggled with knowing what to do - felt very weird not having a drink.

I have lots of spirits which are usually displayed on my dresser in the living room. I’ve put all of them out of sight which I think will help.

Hopefully I manage the month. My relationship with booze wasn’t healthy so really want to rebalance that.

good luck all!

Good luck.

I've found my body is getting less and less tolerant of alcohol in general. Friday night i had 3 beers and could feel the effects the next day (Admittedly they were a 10% Imperial Sour and 2x 8% DIPA's). Then Saturday night i probably had around 2.5 bottles of red wine, followed by Whisky.

Then with enjoying running i find the effect of alcohol takes a few days to get out my system and even with aiming for a drink only at the weekend, it's still having an impact on my body on the Tuesday.

My problem is that i really enjoy the drinks i have. I won't drink crap beer/spirits just to get drunk. I buy good quality beers/wine/spirits which i enjoy the taste of, i've tried quite a few Non Alcoholic versions and they always taste really poor and i get no enjoyment from them at all. I know there are nice non alcoholic drinks available, but that doesn't address the fast i love the taste of beer/wine.

I honestly think that if i could get drinks which taste 99% the same as their alcoholic equivalents i would be happy not having alcohol again.

Back
Top Bottom