BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
This weekend I will continue working my way through the BMW range as loan cars whilst they once again attempt to fix the issues that I've got on my X3M. This weeks loan car of choice is a 840i Cabro with pretty much all the options in mineral white with carbon exterior trim. I actually really like it and its very very well spec'd

Man of Honour
So my E Class cheap lease goes back in April and I need something else. Another E/5/A6 seems to make most sense and again on a cheap lease. Favourite I think is the 520d MHT M Sport 4dr Step Auto which seem to be cheap as chips relatively. I am out of touch with modern BMW's are there any fundamental bits missing on this car?

Man of Honour
So my E Class cheap lease goes back in April and I need something else. Another E/5/A6 seems to make most sense and again on a cheap lease. Favourite I think is the 520d MHT M Sport 4dr Step Auto which seem to be cheap as chips relatively. I am out of touch with modern BMW's are there any fundamental bits missing on this car?

The only thing it's missing is wheels that don't look like you bought them on eBay.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
So I sold my F11 a few weeks back, got a call the other day from the guy who bought it saying it has gone into the garage after the engine "blew". He text again saying:

Hey there, following on from our conversation yesterday the car needs the engine coming out , stripping and the crank shaft reground and all new bearings! As stated I have done a total of 223 miles since purchasing the car from your self on the 15/02/2021 and under the under the sales of good act 1979 I am covered for your self to cover the cost of repair as the vehicle is not "fit for purpose". I hope we can come to some sort of arrangement to cover these costs if not I will have to take action in the way of a court hearing to recover the expense of repair! If this can be delt with civily outside of court I am happy to take a part payment towards repair as apposed to full costs! If you would like to discuss with the garage the vehicle is at it is called ---------- and they will talk you through the issues with the vehicle, I look forward to hearing from you soon Take care

Now I discounted it a few grand because of the drivetrain fault warning that popped up, and stated that in the advert. Then when this guy came to buy he checked it all over and noticed an oil leak which I didn't know about so I discounted him another £250 (value was his suggestion) to get that checked out etc.

I've mentioned this to him in my reply and that the sales of goods act doesn't apply etc. that's all minor, I'm just curious as to the cause...

Not being a mechanical guy do you guys know what could have happened to the car to cause something like this? It was driving fine when I owned it, except that drivetrain error which flashed up, but I thought that was the gearbox needing a service, nothing with the engine.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So I sold my F11 a few weeks back, got a call the other day from the guy who bought it saying it has gone into the garage after the engine "blew". He text again saying:

Now I discounted it a few grand because of the drivetrain fault warning that popped up, and stated that in the advert. Then when this guy came to buy he checked it all over and noticed an oil leak which I didn't know about so I discounted him another £250 (value was his suggestion) to get that checked out etc.

I've mentioned this to him in my reply and that the sales of goods act doesn't apply etc. that's all minor, I'm just curious as to the cause...

Not being a mechanical guy do you guys know what could have happened to the car to cause something like this? It was driving fine when I owned it, except that drivetrain error which flashed up, but I thought that was the gearbox needing a service, nothing with the engine.
Are you a dealer? If not, wgaf? It's clearly not your problem.
Also, well done on dodging that bullet!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nah not a dealer, just curious as I only sold the car after I was arrested because I didn't want to continually be pulled over, otherwise I would have kept it for as long as I could and this may have happened to me... but she was fine when I had her, smooth as anything.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Nah not a dealer, just curious as I only sold the car after I was arrested because I didn't want to continually be pulled over, otherwise I would have kept it for as long as I could and this may have happened to me... but she was fine when I had her, smooth as anything.
Oh, there's a story there I've missed. Not going to pry, even though I really want to know :D

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a garage in the East Yorkshire area that can be trusted to service a ZF8 gearbox? Mine is getting a little bit jerky at low speeds so thought it may be worth finally getting it serviced.

I'm based in Howden if that helps.

Soldato
It is an issue that comes up with the higher mile x30/35d engines generally without warning. As you’ve already replied back that it’s a private sale so sales
of good act doesn’t apply etc I would stop replying. If it does go to court the buyer will need to prove you knew of the fault when you sold it.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a garage in the East Yorkshire area that can be trusted to service a ZF8 gearbox? Mine is getting a little bit jerky at low speeds so thought it may be worth finally getting it serviced.

I'm based in Howden if that helps.

Darkside Developments sell the ZF service kit, going by their youtube videos they have serviced a lot of them on BMWs and VAG cars charging around £500 for the service.

Man of Honour
I had an F10 LCI 520d M Sport from new for 3 years, and I think with a good spec the F10 is a hard car to beat even by new car standards. I was looking at them again and ended up deciding to go for an F01 7 Series instead, and I'm glad I did, it's a fantastic car both to look at and travel around in, and they are great value too for what you're getting.

So, I recently picked up this 2014 F01 LCI 730d M Sport, Black Sapphire, Ivory leather, Anthracite Wood, Soft Close Doors and a few other things, from BMW AUC, 40k miles, 1 owner, perfect history, largely looks brand new. For a big car, in Sport mode (which actually makes a difference on these) it drives brilliantly for the size, the engine has more than enough power and on a steady run it'll get over 50mpg.

As Fox has previously mentioned, the one sticking point is the warranty price, but I'll worry about that in 12 months. :p

e3Oloou.jpg
ZiHkNss.jpg
VZcLc8g.jpg

Soldato

Sale of goods act refers to businesses selling cars, not a private sale, which are sold as seen. He’s not got a leg to stand on. Cease communication with him unless he’s willing to take you to civil court.

Back
Top Bottom