• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my Rtx 3090 dying?

Associate
Hello.I have Gigabyte Rtx 3090 oc,stock.
During Crysis Remaster i have random flickering of weird colours for 1 sec.
Today i get that weird lines. I shooted wall and its gone.
Something like that:
437816_d.jpg

I have newest drivers. Also tested 3dmark,unigine,control and no issues there.
Is this crysis bug or my card dying?

Associate
Who still plays crysis???? :eek::eek::eek:

Lol

Looks like software related rather than hardware matey. That game is 14 years old its probably not optimized for your current ampere cards.

Wouldn't worry really. Crysis was always buggy. If it works in control it's fine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would imagine that if it only happens in one game, it is likely a software issue.

If its failing i would expect issues in other games/applications too.

Permabanned
The Remaster built on the poor console port (God knows why they choose to do so) so it runs like poop and looks like it also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Weird geometry issues like that certainly can be a sign of a failing GPU, though not necessarily. If you start seeing similar things in other games, that's the time to worry.

Associate
OP
When i punch that it will dissapear.This is bug with texture on the same place. This line is part of that building which will resize when i punch that lol. Sorry for problem guys.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't this the guy that also claimed his GPU was dying because he saw 1ns frame time spike in a game one time? or that his gpu was dying cause it ran 10mhz less than before?

Yeah good idea to put on ignore

Caporegime
They remastered the crappy console version, it's even missing one of the levels from the old PC version because it couldn't run on consoles...

Original PC version is still better

Actually they added that mission back in patch 2.0

The game is at a point now that it should be at launch and runs and looks a lot better than when it was released last year.

Soldato
The engine is nearly 15 years old, it's been ported to console, remastered, and then ported back to PC. Absolutely no bases for determining whether a GPU is dying.

Let us know if you have problems in Control or any other modern game. Please don't try Cyberpunk or you'll definitely think your 3090 is dying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom