Night workers do you take anything to boost sleep?

Soldato
Blackout curtains and/or a sleep mask to stop the daylight hitting your eyeballs.

Thats the thing sunlight will wake you up that and noise and the latter is the most insidious and hard to stop unless you live in a remote spot

If someone wakes you up on a regular basis it breaks your sleep pattern and it can be darn hard to get back into it, schools go back on monday so I'm dreading it lots of noisy traffic and equally noisy parents

Soldato
First nights in three years on Monday.

Trying a new technique, the gradual adjustment. Went to bed at 1am last night, aiming for 3am tonight, 5am Sunday night then should be all set for Monday...

Associate
Sounds like a cannabis factory :D

Yes guess can be described as that too :) I have tested a good few.... was a fan (no pun intended) of randalls sleep sounds on youtube and he actually samples old industrial electric fans for his huge range of sleep sounds. But since discovering brown noise as soon I switch on the echo dot and set to brown noise I auto fall asleep. My choice for last 2 years. Reason I got into sleep sounds was in the summer finding I slept sounder with the fan on...but you don't really want fan blowing in the winter months lol

Soldato
I find keeping the bedroom at a cold temperature helps me nod off. Also white noise from a fan on the lowest settings oscillating, or I have the sound of rain continuously playing via YouTube on a ten hour loop.

Soldato
When i used to work nights I would generally either fall asleep quickly as I was tired, or if I was still full of energy then pull a 36 hours. Of course halfway thru the 2nd shift in the 36 hours I would be trying to keep myself awake, and back then I was around 20 years of age so easier to do.

With sleeping tablets my experience is they take time to kick in, and if you take just before you want to go bed you may find you still struggle to sleep quickly, and then wake up really groggy as the effect is lagged from when you take it, now days with my tablets (sleepyness is side effect I like), I take it a few hours before planning to go bed.

Caporegime
I used to be able to fall asleep just by picturing complete black in my mind and trying to block out thoughts.

as you get older and the stresses of life weigh on your mind it gets harder though

Associate
Just subbed to this thread, on nights 7 to 7, in need of some blackout curtains, can anyone recommend any?

Also is there anyway to stop noise coming in from next door? wall is concreate between myself and neighbour.

I was thinking about buying acoustic panels though those are to reflect sound from within room and not to stop sound coming in I believe?

Any help much appreciated

p.s I use an old phone with rain rain app just sitting next to me helps me fall asleep, just the light and noise from next door interfering with sleep.

Caporegime
Just subbed to this thread, on nights 7 to 7, in need of some blackout curtains, can anyone recommend any?

Also is there anyway to stop noise coming in from next door? wall is concreate between myself and neighbour.

I was thinking about buying acoustic panels though those are to reflect sound from within room and not to stop sound coming in I believe?

Any help much appreciated

p.s I use an old phone with rain rain app just sitting next to me helps me fall asleep, just the light and noise from next door interfering with sleep.

Blackout curtains and / or blinds.
We have blackout curtains, which stops the light but we get 'light bleed' around the edges, blinds as well as the curtains would help ...Or go full hog and get shutters.

Problem with noises from next door is they'll be vibrations....which are hard to tackle, we can usually hear their dog scratching every morning as his knee bangs the floor for instance :p

Soldato
Blackout curtains and / or blinds.
We have blackout curtains, which stops the light but we get 'light bleed' around the edges, blinds as well as the curtains would help ...Or go full hog and get shutters.

Problem with noises from next door is they'll be vibrations....which are hard to tackle, we can usually hear their dog scratching every morning as his knee bangs the floor for instance :p
I've just ordered some casette black out blinds. They have runners either side so there is no bleed. Haven't arrived yet but I'll let you know whether it was work the money :p

Back
Top Bottom