What watch do you wear?

Soldato
WOTD: Lyle and Scott (lol) Stealth Automatic, NH35 movement, domed mineral crystal, PVD case, on a silicone Fossil strap.

Paid £20 from the YouTuber Ben Arthur (Ben's Watch Club). Happy with it as a muck about beater :D
BHpyN3K.jpg

Soldato
WOTD: Lyle and Scott (lol) Stealth Automatic, NH35 movement, domed mineral crystal, PVD case, on a silicone Fossil strap.

Paid £20 from the YouTuber Ben Arthur (Ben's Watch Club). Happy with it as a muck about beater :D
BHpyN3K.jpg
Such a cracking deal. It got a lot of hate on HUKD but someone corrected the comments as you rightly pointed out it has a decent movement. Im lead to believe the movement itself is about 40 quid wholesale.

Soldato
A watch for Inch High private Eye? :D

Heads up Baltic have a new 39mm watch coming after April, looks like it's a Titanium Aquascaphe in a compressor case and internal rotating bezel. Very very interesting as don't know of any other dive watch with this combination of features. Count me in for one if all checks out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMJ6AHoglTF/?igshid=j0ietkjgyzju

Farer have made one, and IWC's Aquatimer 2000 in titanium does this, although not quite in the super compressor styling of their originals, rather more modern. This Baltic sounds rather smaller though, which is nice.

I'd imagine there are a few more given titanium is great and the super compressor design is pretty lovely!

Man of Honour
At the weekend I had to dig out some paperwork that I'd stored away after my fathers death in 2002. I came across what I think was the watch I used to wear at school and had swept it up when I cleared out his house. I'm guessing the watch must be from the 1980's. Just a cheap Casio but quite retro baby!

EDIT: I just found similar watches on ebay so now know the model number: Casio AQ-230. It's in near immaculate condition. As suspected, worth almost nothing :)

Hdvk1cQ.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Might be worth nothing in currency, but is priceless for sentimental value :D

Farer have made one, and IWC's Aquatimer 2000 in titanium does this, although not quite in the super compressor styling of their originals, rather more modern. This Baltic sounds rather smaller though, which is nice.

I'd imagine there are a few more given titanium is great and the super compressor design is pretty lovely!

Yup size is what I was mostly referring to here as it seems most brands go the +40mm size usually 42mm when it comes to watches like this especially inner rotating bezels. I can imagine this looking very compact at 39mm with no standard dive bezel taking up perspective of dial size.

Associate
The Baltic sounds good. I always found compressor style watches to wear bigger than normal divers because the bezel looks like an extension of the dial making them more open.
Will be great to have a 39mm option. Just waiting on the colours as I was about to pull the trigger on the new RZE as a colourful summer diver.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I cannot wait to see it as compressor designs I'm really fond of but for the mentioned reasons I never really got one. The new Christopher Ward one is really nice however and the size isn't too bad but I just cannot accept the dial text logo on their new watches.

Soldato
I personally don't like having to interact with a crown to move a bezel, which is why I no longer have any internal rotating bezel watches left. I use rotating bezels multiple times a day for reminders and timing coffee, cooking etc. and using a crown to do that is far clumsier for me.

I'm also not keen on the extra water ingress point that such a crown presents, but it can't be that big an issue given how long the design has been around, albeit far less ubiquitous than an external bezel diver.

Associate
mmm...I find the dial too bland on the black version, they should have kept the textured look and feel in my opinion (or give it a different effect altogether).

I have to say that now that I have looked at the price of mine (i.e. it was present) I'm quite surprised by the assembly and finish quality, it's really good!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Finishing quality of watches in this price group have gone way up in recent years indeed. Even the Spinnaker Bradner I had which is sub £200 is very very good quality for example. We are in epic times for excellent quality watches in price ranges absolutely anyone can budget for which is excellent :cool:

Associate
Has anyone got, or knows anything about, the Marloe watch brand? They popped up on one of my social media feeds and I quite like the look of their Coniston Black Edition at £329, which doesn't seem too unreasonable. But I'll freely admit to not knowing much about watch specifications, etc.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have had 2 Marloe watches, the Morar black edition and the Coniston Speed edition. Both excellent watches and very accurate. The COniston is hand wound so keep that in mind as you will need to wind it daily to keep decent momentum going. The domed sapphire is nice too and has a blue tinted AR coating which adds a bit of class. The black edition makes the movement look even nicer than the others and had it been out when I got mine, I'd have got that I reckon. The stock straps aren't my liking and I replaced it with a Barton Bands Silicone Elite strap which was excellent. Buckle can be swapped over no problem.

Not a fan of their newer watch though the Atlantic, too big, and doesn't really have that look of the brand of the others.

Their customer support is excellent too.

AR_Light.gif

First taste of fresh air today :)

Does the strap colour match teh dial in person? Looks slightly off shade! Looks nice that dial pattern though, certainly looks different to others with the plain dial.

Back
Top Bottom