• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
The stick drift issues appear to be the same as the "coil whine" issues around launch - i.e not at all widespread but if you look on Reddit - its across the board.

IGN I think did a poll recently about stick drift - hardly anyone reported having experienced it.

Unless you have your head next to the PS5 when it's on and the the volume muted/No headphones, I don't see how this is an issue?

Soldato
The stick drift issues appear to be the same as the "coil whine" issues around launch - i.e not at all widespread but if you look on Reddit - its across the board.

IGN I think did a poll recently about stick drift - hardly anyone reported having experienced it.
If you read Reddit, you would assume that the majority of PS5's:

Have coil whine
Cannot use External Hard Drives
Cannot be put into Rest Mode
Cannot be used on WiFi
Controllers all drift

*Edit*
Oh, and scalpers get 99% of the consoles too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just finished astros playroom and it’s by far and way the best gaming experience I’ve had for a long time, utterly fantastic and was an absolute joy to go back on the nostalgia trips of old hardware.

Seeing the little bots re-enactments of games was brilliant.

Soldato
Just finished astros playroom and it’s by far and way the best gaming experience I’ve had for a long time, utterly fantastic and was an absolute joy to go back on the nostalgia trips of old hardware.

Seeing the little bots re-enactments of games was brilliant.

It's a fantastic game, I only wish it was longer. Really hope for some paid DLC or a full release in the future.

Sony absolutely nailed this as a pack in title to showcase the Dual Sense.

Soldato
I have one here I’m looking at for a friend and it has really bad coil whine. Told him to just send it to Sony but as he is not collecting until next week I shall have a play of Spider-Man until I get hand cramp......

Soldato
If you read Reddit, you would assume that the majority of PS5's:

Have coil whine
Cannot use External Hard Drives
Cannot be put into Rest Mode
Cannot be used on WiFi
Controllers all drift

My controller developed pretty bad stick drift after not a lot of use.

But I have to say that across all consoles I've had over the years, cant ever remember it happening before. Was super annoyed to have to buy a new pad so soon, but in the scheme of things it's the first time I've had to ever do that so I'm not bent out of shape about it.

My new pad is also fine so far. The test might be if I play Astros on it. My first pad seemed to develop stick drift after playing it - but that could be a total coincidence. Not wanted to risk it though! Lol :p

Soldato
My controller developed pretty bad stick drift after not a lot of use.

But I have to say that across all consoles I've had over the years, cant ever remember it happening before. Was super annoyed to have to buy a new pad so soon, but in the scheme of things it's the first time I've had to ever do that so I'm not bent out of shape about it.

My new pad is also fine so far. The test might be if I play Astros on it. My first pad seemed to develop stick drift after playing it - but that could be a total coincidence. Not wanted to risk it though! Lol :p
Why would you need to buy a new pad, surely you got it replaced for free.

Soldato
They would sell an awful lot of them if they did a DLC / sequel. It really was an outstanding little game. Beautiful presentation and it just played seamlessly. Fantastic.

Soldato
Received this yesterday, coming from the jet engine of my PS4 that alone was worth it! Such a step up in every way, now need to find a good 27" 4k monitor. Any recommendations? Would either the Asus VP28UQG or LG 27UK650 be good choices?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom