• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i7-11700K Review: Blasting Off with Rocket Lake

Associate
Your dedication is amazing. Are you being paid for your services, or are you doing it all for free?
Maybe a shareholder?
It's the only thing which makes any rational sense.
Speaking of suspected shareholders, on any article over at Anandtech there is always one or two commenters who must be Intel shareholders, employees or both. No matter what, they always try to spin things with a pro-Intel comment or two, or ten.
Amusing, unfortunately no way to put them on ignore for article comments.

Soldato
Not disagreeing, but I think the important word is they could in the future whereas with Intel it is they have done so repeatedly in the past.
While past behaviour is no guarantee of future behaviour, I prefer to use it as a guide.
The alternative is that they are all bad anyhow, so might as well go for whoever. Problem with that is similar to voting for known populist liars because they are more interesting.
Well team red did recently turn blue :p could be a good indicator haha!

FoxEye said:
So now it's choice of buying nothing, wait for prices to drop, or buy AMD at today's stupidly high prices.

2021-03-07_115648_www.overclockers.co.uk.png

Yup this paints a picture, and it is what we are seeing here as well.
The 3600 is still going strong for the budget builds, and we are selling more 5800X builds because A) the 5600X is expensive and B) the 5900X is just unavailable.

Caporegime
Many will buy them for stability (loads of USB disconnecting issues on Zen 3 it seems) and for the best gaming performance. Remember, the i9 at stock is going to re-take the gaming performance crown:

a4ANX3Z.jpg

I think the Anandtech i7 reviews numbers looked bugged in some way. We'll see once the release uefi/microcode and official benchmarks are released.

If Intel knew they had more leads of 10% or more they would be on this slide, Intel only ever put their absolute best case on slides like this, and even then they are exaggerated.

This slide tells me Anand's slides are right.

Last edited:
Associate
Many will buy them for stability (loads of USB disconnecting issues on Zen 3 it seems) and for the best gaming performance. Remember, the i9 at stock is going to re-take the gaming performance crown:

a4ANX3Z.jpg

I think the Anandtech i7 reviews numbers looked bugged in some way. We'll see once the release uefi/microcode and official benchmarks are released.

Loads of USB connectivity issues you say? Strange not had a single issue myself. I also notice people have asked lots of questions of you but you never answer them. All questions asked have been reasonable and logical but no replies from you. Honestly i think you know yourself that you are just trolling

Caporegime
Loads of USB connectivity issues you say? Strange not had a single issue myself. I also notice people have asked lots of questions of you but you never answer them. All questions asked have been reasonable and logical but no replies from you. Honestly i think you know yourself that you are just trolling

Dave has been trolling from the start, I don't really get his agenda but he's determined!

He knows nothing about USB disconnect issues, he doesn't have an AMD system and is just regurgitating something he's found online with his usual enthusiatic exaggeration.

The same goes for his faith in Intel's microcode update and manufacturing prowess. Makes himself sound like he's in the know but never backs this up in anyway and clearly is just a dreamer.

Soldato
Dave has been trolling from the start, I don't really get his agenda but he's determined!

He knows nothing about USB disconnect issues, he doesn't have an AMD system and is just regurgitating something he's found online with his usual enthusiatic exaggeration.

The same goes for his faith in Intel's microcode update and manufacturing prowess. Makes himself sound like he's in the know but never backs this up in anyway and clearly is just a dreamer.
Apparently his mate has a 5800x now that keeps crashing its in the 5000 series crashing thread more trolling no doubt

Soldato
OP
Wow, that's one awful chip from Intel. Why would they even bother developing/releasing it?
So they can sell you new motherboards with new chipsets that they make money on, people forget the chipset on motherboards for intel cpus are made by intel too, the other thing that makes them money as well as LAN chipsets, wireless chipsets, USB chipsets etc on these motherboards too.

The intel scam has always been about new platform with new pin layout for each new cpu and lucky if you get a single update after the one you got, but normally not even worth updating to the next one as it's normally just a few single percent faster with maybe less power usage.

The never ending cycle of same tech with a new pin layout and new name to hide it's the same thing rehashed, they finally this time decided to add pcie v4, while pcie v5 and v6 standards have been passed. So they really were 3 generations behind in PCIE compared to AMD that is was 2 behind the available standards. Dave will say well nothing uses PCIE4 .. but the NVME storage does and faster PCIE we get the faster the storage and more bandwidth to more devices at faster speeds.

Last edited:
Associate
one good thing has come from it

the b560 motherboard I picked up runs fast memory on the i5 at a budget price so thats me happy at least

Soldato
Wow, that's one awful chip from Intel. Why would they even bother developing/releasing it?
Too much invested in it to simply cancel it I suppose. Like when they released Broadwell on desktop mere months before Skylake. Nobody cared and it wasn't even an upgrade over Haswell/Devil's Canyon apart from the iGPU (which is oddly similar to this release actually), but they pushed it out anyway, perhaps just so they could say they released two different architectures on that socket.

Back
Top Bottom