Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Guys,

just fired up some Fallout 4 GOTY edition, and it runs great, but...when I scroll fast, but is not laggy, but quite fuzzy, I think it’s set on 4K 60hz..

how do I go about changing to 1440p 120hz which my tv supports? They is no customisation in the game settings.

Associate
I find it a mixed bag. The big problem is Series S running One S builds of most games. And even where games have been "optimised" for the new consoles, those optimisations often aren't extensive.

There are some notable exceptions. And the number of those will likely grow quickly as the year progresses and the development focus shifts to next gen consoles first, last gen second.
The series S is definitely more powerful on paper. There is no argument, but as McPhee says it seems to be the way they have the games play. Imho they have built the Series S around 1440p gaming on a monitor rather than a big 4ktv for now. As time passes, there will be games that are only playable on Series S/X and not on last gen. This will be where the machine should come into its own.

I would say that a lot of last gen games will, for now, look better on One X than they do on Series S but that will change in the future.

Soldato
I noticed there is an Auto Enroll for this, is that what you're using? Does it automatically drop your monthly payment every month by how many points you earned that month?

If you're talking about the auto-redeeming of reward points (5500 for £5) then you must remember (as with any points redeemed for credit) they expire within 90 days. If you're going to spend the auto-redeemed points in that time then you're fine. If not, stick with manually redeeming your points when you've got enough for what you want to get.

Man of Honour
Guys,

just fired up some Fallout 4 GOTY edition, and it runs great, but...when I scroll fast, but is not laggy, but quite fuzzy, I think it’s set on 4K 60hz..

how do I go about changing to 1440p 120hz which my tv supports? They is no customisation in the game settings.
Fallout 4 doesn’t support 120hz.

Soldato
I'm interested to see how these are. I sent the Penrose X back to Audeze, I couldn't get on with them and i'm back with the Arctis 9x.

Those Audeze are supposed to be pretty snooty fancy pants ones, hard to imagine that they'd not sound good. What specifically didn't you like?
A workmate of mine doesn't quite dig his Arctis 9x, and ordered these official ones.

Soldato
Why do games take so long to install, it's been two hours and Forza horizon is at 60 odd percent. On my old pc it would have installed by now what gives?

If you are gaming on it then it slows installs right down. Your best bet is to just use game pass phone app to set games downloading while you're not using it.

I had same experience as you until I realised it pauses / slows during other activity.

Soldato
If you are gaming on it then it slows installs right down. Your best bet is to just use game pass phone app to set games downloading while you're not using it.

I had same experience as you until I realised it pauses / slows during other activity.

Ok thanks, makes sense really. I don't use Instant On so I'll just switch it on later on today to finish downloading

Soldato
Those Audeze are supposed to be pretty snooty fancy pants ones, hard to imagine that they'd not sound good. What specifically didn't you like?
A workmate of mine doesn't quite dig his Arctis 9x, and ordered these official ones.

The Arctis 9x have got much better with firmware updates, when they first launched they had an issue with interfering with the wireless controller. When you turned them off in the wrong order they would make the controller lose connection with the xbox. They also had annoying popping and crackling sound. That's all been fixed now and I really like them overall. They are very comfortable and I like the sound separation using Dolby Atmos.

The Penrose was a real letdown for me personally. There were numerous issues that taken singularly I would have overlooked (battery life, tight fit, hissing noise, wireless range) but as a whole made them, for me, not worth almost twice the price of the Arctis. They sounded great for music but I prefer the Arctis to game with.

Soldato
The Arctis 9x have got much better with firmware updates, when they first launched they had an issue with interfering with the wireless controller. When you turned them off in the wrong order they would make the controller lose connection with the xbox. They also had annoying popping and crackling sound. That's all been fixed now and I really like them overall. They are very comfortable and I like the sound separation using Dolby Atmos.

The Penrose was a real letdown for me personally. There were numerous issues that taken singularly I would have overlooked (battery life, tight fit, hissing noise, wireless range) but as a whole made them, for me, not worth almost twice the price of the Arctis. They sounded great for music but I prefer the Arctis to game with.

I couldn't be happier with mine. The sound quality alone was worth the extra over the 7s I had but they are nowhere near as comfy and as you say, the battery isn't as good. However for me, sound quality trumps all.

Caporegime
OP
Can someone have a look at Disney+ on Xbox Series X and tell me if it does 4K playback? Star Wars Episode IX should be 4K but I can only see it as HD on Xbox Series S (console is in a HDMI 2.0 port).

Soldato
It's it just me or are the buttons on the controller a little to ok click happy? Been paying FIFA and the amount of times it does a double press is starting to get anoying

Caporegime
Been doing the reward points for around I guess about 16 months. Im not even a heavy gamer, I make sure to do the daily points set, you soon rack them up and occasionally MS do some great easy methods of getting points.

Screenshot-2021-03-04-at-11-26-41.png

I used to put the points towards xbox store gift cards, but I'm now using them primarily towards xbox gamepass ultimate sub.

yeh they rack up really quickly. Especially due to all the extra time to make sure to do the stuff every day/week during lockdown.

Saving mine up for when MS do a sale/good price on the expansion drive.

Back
Top Bottom