• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Good to see people have woken up to the burst of the bubble of this ridiculously priced gpu market.

Depreciation will reduce those prices badly, since they are seriously inflated.

the problem is we are in a very small minority, ocuk is selling cards hand over fist (what little stock they have) as is everyone else.

Associate
a shop local to me got stock this week and sold everything at msrp

but we are talked 6-7 units on a local level where you need to keep the locals happy as it pays dividends

Caporegime
Graphics cards now have new uses, PC gamers are not privileged people who deserve a GPU over anyone else just 'bcos gamer'.
Gamers just want one.

Not 20, 30, 50, 200, 1000, like the miners.

Gamers just want one card, to game on.

I'm sorry but they get my sympathy over a bunch of people hoarding cards to generate some nonsense speculative asset.

Soldato
Gamers just want one.

I'm sorry but they get my sympathy over a bunch of people hoarding cards to generate some nonsense speculative asset.

And it was demand from gamers that got these companies where they are today. They'd do well to remember that.

Associate
Gamers just want one.

Hear hear! Just wait until this new "tulip craze" crashes: it will be interesting to see what happens once miners will liquidate their assets and GPUs companies will have to deal with a glut in the market. Fun times ahead.

Associate
'Acceptable' is an emotional view and the market doesn't work that way.

It's a new world these days with many more people at home, crypto mining being profitable and simple to get into. There's supply and demand fun bringing in non-gamers who just want to buy these up and scalp gamers for double their investment also, these are the worst or the lot but if people buy the cards at these silly prices then that feeds the vicious 'merry go round'.

It's not going to change with the supply issues throughout the supply chain. My point is, you either adapt and put some effort in to get a card, then game away, game at a lower res on an older or less powerful card, or just move away from PC gaming altogether.

Graphics cards now have new uses, PC gamers are not privileged people who deserve a GPU over anyone else just 'bcos gamer'.
I agree, actually. There's no deserving party to these products at all, it's simply first come first served. The intended market is gamers though, and I'd like to think this is still the case for the big three (yup, I'm including Intel) even now. I don't necessarily mind if the GPU market stays permanently expensive as a result of this but it would be a crying shame to see future advances in PC gaming hardware simply unaffordable for the vast majority of the gamer market. Will PC gaming die? No. But I sure as **** don't care about GTA 6 if I can't play it on an Nvidia/AMD/Intel next-generation card, for example.

Back
Top Bottom