What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
The Exorcist 1973

Surprisingly for someone as old as me, I've never seen this film. For the most.part it's aged very well and I enjoyed it. Ended up watching the extended cut, which is probably a little bit too long and I'm guessing the theatrical cut would've been a better option.

Difficult to give a fair score for based in how old it is. I can imagine this being shocking back in the 70's.

7.5/10

Soldato
White Men Can't Jump

It's on Disney Star. First saw this in the 2nd half of the nineties when I was about 16 and loved it. Not sure if I've seen it since, but loved it all over again watching it last night. Genuinely I think it's one of the best sports movies there's been.
I like the follow up black men can't swim

Man of Honour
Have had a bit of a Keane Reeves-fest!

The Devil’s Advocate

This is not a perfect film but goodness, isn’t it watchable?! I feel that every time I watch it I enjoy it just as much as the first time. Al Pacino is absolutely excellent and that whole ending bit is fantastic. You do also feel the temptation yourself...!

Not sure if any of the tweaks I would make would actually make it any better. Save that I sort of think it would be more effective if it was called something else and was more subtle with its title credit etc - as it would otherwise would be another law film until that startling scary face jumpscare.

Really good.

10/10

Point Break

Also surprisingly good! Aside from making little sense, that is. A really goofy concept and buddy cop due but the violence and fighting is quite brutal and vicious... you feel every bump and bruise during that chase through the houses. Keanu is amusingly wooden in places and it’s perhaps one of his worst in that regard but really that’s nit-picking. A really good fun film and despite its silliness it feels grittier than a lot of other films that have similar themes.

7.5/10

Caporegime
Have had a bit of a Keane Reeves-fest!

The Devil’s Advocate

This is not a perfect film but goodness, isn’t it watchable?! I feel that every time I watch it I enjoy it just as much as the first time. Al Pacino is absolutely excellent and that whole ending bit is fantastic. You do also feel the temptation yourself...!

Not sure if any of the tweaks I would make would actually make it any better. Save that I sort of think it would be more effective if it was called something else and was more subtle with its title credit etc - as it would otherwise would be another law film until that startling scary face jumpscare.

Really good.

10/10

Point Break

Also surprisingly good! Aside from making little sense, that is. A really goofy concept and buddy cop due but the violence and fighting is quite brutal and vicious... you feel every bump and bruise during that chase through the houses. Keanu is amusingly wooden in places and it’s perhaps one of his worst in that regard but really that’s nit-picking. A really good fun film and despite its silliness it feels grittier than a lot of other films that have similar themes.

7.5/10
I’ve never liked him as an actor tbh. I think it stems from his shambolic performance in Dracula. A fantastic film spoiled by his awful acting and an English accent that was even worse than Dick Van Dyke’s in Mary Poppins. Although tbf, he was never going to steal the show opposite a proper actor like Gary Oldman.

Just seems so forced and wooden to me.

Soldato
Son. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5624466/

Quite good though I thought it showed more promise early on than it ultimately delivered.

Still well worth watching.

Watched this Friday night. Really enjoyed it. Some great jump scenes that really got me.

Where she walks into the kids bedroom early on

They didn't do a long drawn out build up just bam.

As you say, the first half is probably better than the ending, but still pretty good.

Soldato
Watched two movies last night.

Coming to America 8/10 - Been ages since I watched this, but I had to watch it before I watched the sequel. Brilliant movie, I had forgotten how good it was. Lots of laugh out loud moments. IT was such a different world back in the 80's. Anyway, the two hours just flew by. It's must watch if you intend to watch the second one.

Coming to America 2 - I haven't rated this. I tried, but, I couldn't. As a movie it's not very good, not very good at all. There are a few funny moments. But, the nostalgia levels are through the roof and there is a whole feel good vibe running through the whole movie. Wesley Snipes was fantastic, he looked like he was having a ball. And it was great the way they managed to get most of the old cast into this movie, considering the original was out in 1988!!

I can understand why this isn't getting a very good rating on IMDB and the like. IF you didn't like the first movie or if you didn't even see the first movie, this won't do anything for you. I can also see why people would give it a good rating.

Back
Top Bottom