Super Straight - a new sexuality???

Soldato
I bet it gets interesting when a brothel is recruiting a "female" or "male" I wonder how they have to word the advert

I don't believe in a gender spectrum, maybe a masculinity/feminine one

I'm not convinced women really think differently to men either or I've only ever dated people who were tomboys
I was going to make some dodgy comment about they would have a "put up a shelf" test but then realised that I would pick the person with the straightest, strongest shelf, regardless of gender. :( As Frankie Boyle once said... he would *** ***** *** with another bloke if it meant he could split the bill at the end of dinner :D

<disclaimer: these thoughts are not my own>

Caporegime
OP
It is interesting to research though. Science definitely sees a spectrum beyond genitalia, where folk can present the opposite XX/XY/X that you would expect. I think sex education in schools being so poor for so long has led to everyone seeing the idea as in direct conflict with their own personal beliefs of gender.

That's called intersex and is often used by woke types to try and make more general arguments about trans people, something intersex people get a bit annoyed by as their situation is a bit different from the vast majority of trans people who are female XXs or male XYs with no DSD issues but simply identify as a different gender identity. It would have been covered in Biology GCSE for anyone paying attention in class.

Sex, as defined by gametes, is binary.

Sex, as defined by some combination of primary and secondary characteristics, is bimodal but on a spectrum with some small number of cases falling in between.

The latter case is sometimes misrepresented and used by TRAs to try and negate sex being relevant at all here, in reality, the bimodal distribution would be discrete, not continuous and contain two large spikes where the vast majority of the population fall into and some very small ones. TRAs will try to distort this by showing something making to two bell curves or similar.

Soldato
That's called intersex and is often used by woke types to try and make more general arguments about trans people, something intersex people get a bit annoyed by as their situation is a bit different from the vast majority of trans people who are female XXs or male XYs with no DSD issues but simply identify as a different gender identity. It would have been covered in Biology GCSE for anyone paying attention in class.

Sex, as defined by gametes, is binary.

Sex, as defined by some combination of primary and secondary characteristics, is bimodal but on a spectrum with some small number of cases falling in between.

The latter case is sometimes misrepresented and used by TRAs to try and negate sex being relevant at all here, in reality, the bimodal distribution would be discrete, not continuous and contain two large spikes where the vast majority of the population fall into and some very small ones. TRAs will try to distort this by showing something making to two bell curves or similar.
Interesting thank you. The misrepresentation of the visualisation of the underlying data makes sense.

Soldato
disagreeing with this gender ideology isn't demonstrating that this new "sexuality" is flawed.

It's flawed because being straight means you're attracted to the opposite sex, gender is irrelevant in sexual preference so you either buy in the whole fantasy and ignore the dongle or you don't, there's no super straight it's a retarded concept

Caporegime
It's flawed because being straight means you're attracted to the opposite sex, gender is irrelevant in sexual preference so you either buy in the whole fantasy and ignore the dongle or you don't, there's no super straight it's a retarded concept
Straight as an arrow ;)

Caporegime
OP

It doesn't here though that is the point - this sexuality is based on the premise that straight doesn't mean that and that sex is important to sexuality. You're welcome to accept a different definition or premise, that doesn't make this concept flawed - it is logically consistent - you haven't actually shown a flaw - you're just asserting that you prefer some different premise.

Not accepting a premise doesn't make the arguments derived from a premise flawed themselves.

Soldato
Interesting thank you. The misrepresentation of the visualisation of the underlying data makes sense.

Yep, it's getting out of control. The science is very clear. Sex is bimodal. It's the very basis of propagation of species. Yes, there are anomalies -- but they're just that: anomalies. Many are sterile. Evolutionary failure, incapable of the base act of any organism: reproduction.

That, of course, doesn't mean that as people those affected are somehow irrelevant or inhuman. Not at all. But that's the emotional card nutcases will attempt to play when it's brought up.

I actually read an article recently where a supposed scientist on the "woke" side, making the argument for biological sex being as much of a spectrum as gender (insofar as we now accept it), referred to penis and vagina as secondary sex characteristics.

This was a profoundly transparent attempt to once more start shifting linguistic boundaries -- thrown in there inside brackets in the utterly cynically belief that people don't read them. But any bloody fool of any intelligence can tell you that no, genitals are not secondary sex characteristics.

And you know what? Back when the whole gender nonsense started, those who said "they'll come for sex/biology next" were told to shut up, stop being paranoid weirdos -- this is just a recognition of identity as valid. Yet here we are. Where once gender was "assigned at birth", now too is sex. And those same people who told others to shut up are now saying that because genomic anomalies exist, biology is a lie. Our very understanding of reality is under ideological assault, and people are falling right into it en masse. It's cult like, and won't help anyone who falls in between the lines feel any more stable in their personhood -- because the very basis of this stuff makes drawing recognisable lines and understandings completely impossible. When you can't even know thyself within a contextual sphere, you can know precisely nothing.

Soldato
C'mon.

You've never look at a trans person without knowing they were trans and thought "Damn!"?

And how would I know if I ever did? A lot of the times I see a somewhat "attractive" trans I didn't know at the time and turned out they were trans I always had this gut feeling something's off that I couldn't put my finger on it and reject it and don't go "damn". Which is rare in itself because most trans make for very unconvincing women. When I later learn they're trans I realize I was right.

Soldato
And how would I know if I ever did? A lot of the times I see a somewhat "attractive" trans I didn't know at the time and turned out they were trans I always had this gut feeling something's off that I couldn't put my finger on it and reject it and don't go "damn". Which is rare in itself because most trans make for very unconvincing women. When I later learn they're trans I realize I was right.
I always thought pheromones were a thing or is that alt-history. I suppose if it is true and the right pheromone is detected an attraction forms. I think that your gut feeling is along these lines that it is not quite right for you.

Soldato
I always thought pheromones were a thing or is that alt-history. I suppose if it is true and the right pheromone is detected an attraction forms. I think that your gut feeling is along these lines that it is not quite right for you.

I think you might be onto something there. Certainly, there have been a rare occasion I meet a woman and something has been majority off and within seconds I wonder if they're trans or a crossdresser.

Back
Top Bottom