• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
I paid over the odds for my 3090, but I'm glad I did. I'm not sat in a queue, I'm not waiting for the alerts anymore and I have a good 3000 series card. I'm not too worried about the resale value of my card, I am never going to get what I paid for it, that would be the same for any GPU I purchased....At least I'll get some money towards the next card I buy, 4 or 5 series, AMD, who knows???? I got £800 for my 2080ti, and that paid for a big chunk of my 3090. Someone now has a really good Asus Strix 2080ti to play games on and also VR, the buyer said they are well happy now, playing VR Half Life....

Associate
I gave in and bought an MSI Gaming X 3090 when it appeared at the end of January at another UK retailer, for £1800.

I had to RMA the 3090 within a couple of weeks, due to a very noisy fan. It was collected by the retailer and a new replacement arrived within a week, this one has been fine.

I would have been more likely to wait if I hadn't completed an entirely new build apart from the GPU. Everything else was in time for Cyberpunk but I had to play it with my old 1080, which was mostly ok, at least I had something to use!

Soldato
Associate
I think everyone who paid MSRP for a 3090 is glad they did. I was trying to get a 3080 or 3090 ever since launch day, then the ATR discord announced the October 9th first Best Buy drop and the first card that was announced was the 3090 and I bought it fast. Real fast. Had to use paypal because my bank declined the debit transaction due to "Fraud" announcements with computer parts (video cards?) from Best Buy. I didn't even bother to wait for the 3080 drop that happened 30 minute later.

These days, if you pay MSRP for a out of stock edition video card, it feels like winning the lottery...

Soldato
I think everyone who paid MSRP for a 3090 is glad they did.

I agonized over paying out for a 3090, as I couldn't get a 3080, but I'm sure glad I managed to get an FE in one of the Nvidia drops for RRP. The prices are going nuts, and 3080 prices are getting closer to what I paid for the 3090. :eek:

Associate
I agonized over paying out for a 3090, as I couldn't get a 3080, but I'm sure glad I managed to get an FE in one of the Nvidia drops for RRP. The prices are going nuts, and 3080 prices are getting closer to what I paid for the 3090. :eek:

Same, I also value my time. I have been enjoying playing games rather than monitoring part alert discords.

Associate
I'm certainly glad I had my strix 3090 oc at MSRP back in Dec. That card is now way more overpriced not that it wasn't before, no way will I ever spend more than 2k on a single GPU. For the price they want now I'd be better if going 2x 3090 FE at MSRP and going SLI :D

Soldato
Same, I also value my time. I have been enjoying playing games rather than monitoring part alert discords.

Me too. It may not be the fastest but I love the design of the FE cards, and wanted one ever since I saw one. I had been picking up bargains over time for the rest of the build and was wasting loads of time checking Discord for alerts on lower end cards. I had a few in my basket but could never pull the trigger because of the inflated prices.

I think I've spent more time trying to get the RGB working on my RAM than I have playing games though:D

Associate
Took a chance and bought a Gainward 3090 Golden Sample off a well known auction site, paid less than what the same PNY branded card on Overclockers was originally selling for, and it was new, sealed, and with receipt.

That was in November and I'm so glad I did, so good for VR content.

I do envy the look of the FE card though, the cooler design is outstanding imho.

Back
Top Bottom