Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
Pretty damning if true regarding the concerns about how dark the child would be. I’m not surprised they decided that crossed the line and left. I tend to believe them too.

I wonder who said it? Probably someone older if I had to guess.

Man of Honour
Pretty damning if true regarding the concerns about how dark the child would be. I’m not surprised they decided that crossed the line and left. I tend to believe them too.

Well, apart from it's clearly and demonstrably not the reason the child was not granted the title. It's much more fundamental, tradition dictates who gets the title prince.

It's a classic victimhood strategy to make wild claims about things that were never going to happen.

Soldato

They threw a race grenade and left the Royal family with no way to counter the claim. How convenient they didn't name the person who made the comment, they managed to smear the entire family with no evidence. Great stuff.

Caporegime
Whether she is simply naive or not I am surprised the production team for Oprah didn't do their research. It took me five minutes on wiki. Only direct lines to the thrown have great grand children as Prince's/Princess.

Complete own goal because when the press get a hold of that they are going to have a field day as it obviously shows she is lying.

Soldato
He has lots of his father, Charles, features. If you Google images instead of looking at hand picked photos from the lying press it's obvious.

All on the eye of the beholder .

Anyhow , I really don t understand the air time we’re giving them but to do this during a national pandemic ? I’d be looking at rescinding his nationality - total disgrace .

Soldato
They threw a race grenade and left the Royal family with no way to counter the claim. How convenient they didn't name the person who made the comment, they managed to smear the entire family with no evidence. Great stuff.

I think its perfectly reasonable to not name the person who said it and their explanation as to why is also perfectly reasonable.

Its a balancing act which they have had to use their own judgement and chose to limit the damage done to said person as ultimately could be family to Harry.

I seriously doubt Harry would sign off on it if it wasnt true, and from what i have read the concerns were in fact said to him.

Man of Honour
I think its perfectly reasonable to not name the person who said it and their explanation as to why is also perfectly reasonable.

Its a balancing act which they have had to use their own judgement and chose to limit the damage done to said person as ultimately could be family to Harry.

I seriously doubt Harry would sign off on it if it wasnt true, and from what i have read the concerns were in fact said to him.

Given that Harry signed off on a demonstrable falsehood (that Archie would ever be a position to receive the title prince), the rest of the account cannot be taken seriously.

Soldato
Whether she is simply naive or not I am surprised the production team for Oprah didn't do their research. It took me five minutes on wiki. Only direct lines to the thrown have great grand children as Prince's/Princess.

Complete own goal because when the press get a hold of that they are going to have a field day as it obviously shows she is lying.

I've not actually looked as to the reason why but weren't Beatrice and Eugenie both princesses? Is this not a similar situation with Andrew and Charles / Harry and William?

Man of Honour
I've not actually looked as to the reason why but weren't Beatrice and Eugenie both princesses? Is this not a similar situation with Andrew and Charles / Harry and William?

Beatrice and Eugenie are both grandchildren of the monarch.

Not the same at all.

Soldato
Perhaps they were mistaken

They could have looked it up online like anyone else, however apparently Megan doesn’t do looking things up online. Something else which gives me reason to doubt that much of what has been said is true.

The interview is all very sad really. I wonder if the family will ever recover.

Soldato
Whether through ignorance, stupidity or malice is largely irrelevant when it comes to factual errors.

If a genuine mistake i dont think it takes away from what else they have said especially when it is from personal conversations the have had.

I'm not going to discredit everything they have said due to what simply could have been a misunderstanding.

Soldato
What if Prince Charles becomes monarch?

That's my point really, it seems like its a timing thing which seems a rather strange way of doing it.

Then he has the option of granting the title prince/princess to all his grandchildren. It's not automatic, but it's never automatic, it's a title granted by the monarch according to convention.

So the Queen could have granted it?

Back
Top Bottom