Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
How is it bullying. They have decided to go on what is arguably the largest platform in the western world to air their laundry and lay into the royal family. This is the biggest story currently so its going to be the main focus of most large new outlets.

What they want (which seems to be what a lot of people want) is to be able to tell everyone their opinion and hear only praise and positivity in return, regardless of what they are saying or who they are attacking.

You don't get to play the victim when you are using the media for your own ends and it doesn't all go your own way. If they wanted to take a step out of the limelight they could have done.

Nonsense. You on this very page asked for proof of something yet we have 57 tweets from Piers Morgan accusing Meghan of all sorts without any proof whatsoever. He's deliberately targeting her and tarnishing her name...why?

The gutter press have torn Meghan to pieces for years and people wonder why they got out.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sarah Ferguson On Being A Royal: "It's Not A Fairytale" | The Oprah Winfrey Show | OWN
Compare with Sarah Fegussons similar comments on being a red-head incomer ... from a time before oprah&show took herself seriously/woke up

I need to follow Morgan .... BBC headline just - No news from palace

I would imagine that being a royal is really hard work and something that most people wouldn't want in much the same way as being a reality TV star is literally the worst thing I can imagine. That being said, plenty of peoples life ambition is to be on reality TV. I don't think you can blame the situation when its not sunshine and lollypops when most sane people would be able to tell you that without any insider knowledge.

There are so many decisions in life that appeal to some and not others. Some people work 60 hour weeks to earn crazy money and others would break down if forced to do that. If you don't like something, do something about it and stop complaining. I didn't have any problem with them leaving the country or the royal family, thats their choice. I doubt the royal family cared that much. Its how they have behaved since then. Trying to get their own back and play the victim.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nonsense. You on this very page asked for proof of something yet we have 57 tweets from Piers Morgan accusing Meghan of all sorts without any proof whatsoever. He's deliberately targeting her and tarnishing her name...why?

I asked for proof of them hating her being dark skinned and common and I asked for proof of these "racist" headlines and articles. Neither have been given.

Piers Morgan is a ****. You can't say "Piers Morgan is bullying us and won't leave us alone" when you have gone on the biggest platform in the US to attack the Royal Family and do something that you know will be massive news all across the world. How much would be written about the two of them if they just kept to themselves and didn't try to stay in the limelight?

The gutter press have torn Meghan to pieces for years and people wonder why they got out.

I think that most people don't have much of an issue with them leaving. Good bye, enjoy your life, profit from your horrible torture being royals (for all of 2 years for Meghan). What people don't like is how they are now selling their story at the expense of the Royal Family who have not attacked them. Royal life is hard and I wouldn't want to do it. I don't blame them for wanting out. I do think their current Royal bashing tour is in very poor taste however.

Man of Honour
I think that most people don't have much of an issue with them leaving. Good bye, enjoy your life, profit from your horrible torture being royals (for all of 2 years for Meghan). What people don't like is how they are now selling their story at the expense of the Royal Family who have not attacked them. Royal life is hard and I wouldn't want to do it. I don't blame them for wanting out. I do think their current Royal bashing tour is in very poor taste however.
I agree. I also think that their use of the race card to claim victimhood had annoyed some people. I really do think that most people liked her when she first appeared on the scene and thought it would be a breath of fresh air into the royal family. But now they keep saying how they are disliked because of racism. That annoys people when the vast majority of the UK originally liked and welcomed her.

Permabanned
I agree. I also think that their use of the race card to claim victimhood had annoyed some people. I really do think that most people liked her when she first appeared on the scene and thought it would be a breath of fresh air into the royal family. But now they keep saying how they are disliked because of racism. That annoys people when the vast majority of the UK originally liked and welcomed her.

Did they? Didnt seem so.

Caporegime
I think when MM joined she thought she would be princess and super powerful.

When she realised that she couldn't order Kate 's aides around and had to courtsy for the Queen she became enraged at the preposterousness of it all

After all, shouldn't everybody be kidding her feet?

Then reality set in and she didn't like it so she decided it was, because, racism and went back to the least racist country in the world. The good old United States of America.

Soldato
I don't see how asking what colour a person might be when they are from an interracial couple is racist.

The racist assumption seems to be that only white people would ask, when we know every race would ask.

I'm disabled and it would be like if I announced I'd got someone up the duff would the child come out disabled too. It's a perfectly legitimate question.

Meghan comes across as a total narcissist. She is so blinded by telling her own story that she hasn't even tried to see it from other peoples view.

I don't know whether to feel annoyed or just disappointed with Harry. He's allowing these attacks on his family by his wife. We know he didn't want to be a royal even before he met meghan (it's in an interview). If I was to give meghan any benefit of doubt it would be that harry hasn't given her any guidance and she as stepped on peoples feet. Then shes picked an argument with the royals and instead of harry trying to be peacemaker he's joined in the verbal assault on his family.

He keeps bringing up his mother Diana. I think she would give him a clip around the ear and tell him to stop being a silly boy.

Soldato
She is dark skinned and common, if she had been Catholic it would have been amazing.

Bunch of elitist bigots, plain and simple.
She is not really dark-skinned by any stretch of the imagination.

It didn't even register that she was mixed race with a lot of people when they were getting married. I was surprised myself when I found out in all honesty.

Associate
I asked for proof of them hating her being dark skinned and common and I asked for proof of these "racist" headlines and articles. Neither have been given.

Piers Morgan is a ****. You can't say "Piers Morgan is bullying us and won't leave us alone" when you have gone on the biggest platform in the US to attack the Royal Family and do something that you know will be massive news all across the world. How much would be written about the two of them if they just kept to themselves and didn't try to stay in the limelight?

Royals are ripe for bashing, these people dont deserve sympathy or protection.

Sheltering a paedo is the mark of a quality family.

**** the royals to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Im assuming they both know a bit more than you do about being Royal, just a hunch.

You can go on about “well tekkknucallly!!!” all you like, but their lives experience trumps what ever it is you want to lick boots over.

LOL, you don't seem to get it do you, that's literally the point - of course she knows - she knew full well that their kid wasn't getting the title - she's openly lied/implied some racism angle because it's beneficial to her when the truth is far less controversial.

LOL yes because youve been completely neutral so far. I expect stuff like this from the raving nutters here Dolph but come on you are better than this surely?

I have to say you seem to have three weak spots. Labour the EU and Meghan Markle. Its a very odd mix as the Meghan thing is just gutter press trash.

Tony, for someone as naive as you seem to be on this matter I don't think you're in any position to talk about Dolph having a weak spot here tbh...

What rules you talking about deuse?

Erm the rules that were linked to in the post you were quoting...

Caporegime
Wondering if the comment about the kid's skin was just the typical "lol m8 ur kid's gonna be black" joke told to a white guy to imply his wife cheated.

My mother got plenty of that back in the '90s as I've always had a darker complexion. Good thing I got some of my old mans features as I got older!

I don't think that kind of joke is acceptable nowadays, not in the royal family anyway where everything is meant to be prim and proper. Could see Philip cracking it over Christmas dinner though. Yes, I know he's already been cleared, sort of.

Without context, it could still have been a relatively innocent comment. It would be like someone saying to me and my partner 'I wonder if the baby will have your skin tone?' I wouldn't find that offensive but then again I'm white British, so it may be different if you feel someone is targetting your race rather than just one aspect of it.

fez

fez

Caporegime

This is the impression I got. Harry getting married to a beautiful American actress and settling down. Well done Harry. Most people who I spoke to about it were of the same opinion. Maybe I didn't talk to all the people that hated her for her slightly off white skin or American heritage.

Did they? Didnt seem so.

What was this based on? Genuine question because as above, I got the impression that most people liked her at the start. I didn't get the impression people disliked her much at all until her and Harry started their breakaway and started spouting their woke BS at every opportunity. I think the media digging into her personal life and relationship with her father once the wedding was announced was pretty ****** from the papers but it didn't change my opinion of her.

She is not really dark-skinned by any stretch of the imagination.

It didn't even register that she was mixed race with a lot of people when they were getting married. I was surprised myself when I found out in all honesty.

Yeah I didn't even give it a second thought. I have seen plenty of darker skinned people in the UK who are very much white British. I think thats why the accusation of racism annoys people so much. Its like finding out that the person you dislike at work is gay and being told you must be homophobic because you think they are a ****. I mean, why else could you possibly not like them...

Royals are ripe for bashing, these people dont deserve sympathy or protection.

Sheltering a paedo is the mark of a quality family.

**** the royals to be honest.

Yeah, **** them all by association. Nice view to have. They are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I don't reckon that they all got together and decided by vote how to handle it. The royal family is more than the people and many of the decisions they make reflect that.

Soldato
I don't see how asking what colour a person might be when they are from an interracial couple is racist...

... It's a perfectly legitimate question.

Comments like this highlight why it's so important for people to continue to challenge these ignorant views. Harry and Meghan have shown incredible courage throughout all of this and hopefully it can lead to a genuine #meToo moment for the antiquated, misogynistic royals. It's amazing to think that we can't fund our health workers properly yet we continue to pour millions into this dysfunctional family.

Soldato
Comments like this highlight why it's so important for people to continue to challenge these ignorant views. Harry and Meghan have shown incredible courage throughout all of this and hopefully it can lead to a genuine #meToo moment for the antiquated, misogynistic royals. It's amazing to think that we can't fund our health workers properly yet we continue to pour millions into this dysfunctional family.

Maybe we can have a statue to meghan.

I noticed earlier that despite meghan and harry complaining that they wanted a big royal wedding just like william and kates, we now find out that 1. they got married 3 days earlier, and 2. that she felt she was going through the motions of the day for other people.

So that was between £32 to £45 million down the drain and not appreciated. I'm sure we could have used that for a better pay rise increase for health workers.

Back
Top Bottom