Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
Depends on what happened - if we're talking about a casual remark along the lines of just pondering wha the kid will look like then sure, could be anyone at say a dinner table or social event or whatever...

But if it's in the context of some serious discussion about Harry's relationship/future, his role/place within the family etc.. and raised as a concern regarding that then realistically there are only a few Royals who would be having that conversation with him - the Queen, Prince Phillip, Charles and William.

Again. Anyone MAY of said it.
We only have hear say.

Caporegime
Again. Anyone MAY of said it.
We only have hear say.

Yes & no - it depends on the context. The context was implied to be a serious discussion in which case no, not very plausible that it was anyone - if however it was a more casual remark then sure, anyone in the Royal Family could have.

Soldato
Wow The Telegraph now comparing the Nazi sympathisers to M&H. And calling the Nazi sympathiser "dutiful and patriotic to the end" give me a break :rolleyes: Oh but no there isn't a campaign in the press against her :rolleyes:

Do we think the Daily Heil, that tabloid of royalist sycophancy is trying to say something with this headline or is it just in really bad taste?

7qN2WIr.jpg

Soldato
Depends on what happened - if we're talking about a casual remark along the lines of just pondering wha the kid will look like then sure, could be anyone at say a dinner table or social event or whatever...

But if it's in the context of some serious discussion about Harry's relationship/future, his role/place within the family etc.. and raised as a concern regarding that then realistically there are only a few Royals who would be having that conversation with him - the Queen, Prince Phillip, Charles and William.

Sounds as if Harry clarified that it wasn't the Queen or the DoE.

13:14
Winfrey: Not Queen or Duke who made skin colour comment
Oprah Winfrey has been giving more detail about the interview in the US.

It was not the Queen or the Duke of Edinburgh who made the comment about how dark the couple's baby's skin would be, Oprah Winfrey has told CBS show This Morning.

She said: "He did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure I knew, and if I had an opportunity to share it, that it was not his grandmother or grandfather that were part of those conversations.

"He did not tell me who was a part of those conversations."

Caporegime
Wow The Telegraph now comparing the Nazi sympathisers to M&H. And calling the Nazi sympathiser "dutiful and patriotic to the end" give me a break :rolleyes: Oh but no there isn't a campaign in the press against her :rolleyes:

not exactly the only royals to have flirted with Nazi stuff (granted this was pre-war) - Queen mother + the Queen:

6e0kwz8.jpg

to be fair this one was as a joke but probs a bad idea in retrospect:

Ejvf6Jf.jpg

Caporegime
Sounds as if Harry clarified that it wasn't the Queen or the DoE.

Yup, saw that, that's what prompted that convo:

Well, his dad has stopped taking his calls, wonder if he's dropped Charles in it there.

Seem less likely to be William, a different generation. But if the context is that it was actually a serious concern re: the monarchy, his dating/potentially getting married to Meghan etc.. and they've ruled out the Queen & Prince Phillip then it's basically down to Charles and William.

Soldato
I hate to tell you this.
But the people of the UK don't pay a penny to the royal family.

I'm 50/50 on the Monarchy. They are part of the heritage of the country and mainly bring in tourism.

But if there was no Monarchy then the money they get now would go directly to the British people.

They are living off the British people and that is why it should be an honour for them to carry out the duties we expect.

Soldato
Who GAVE them this land you speak of?

The Crown simply gave the land to itself because it all belonged to the Crown and dished it out to family and allies. The point remains though, they were given lands that earn them a nice fat income that isn't even subject to the same taxation as the rest of us. The land in the case of the DoC might still belong to the Crown but the money it generates goes straight in Charles's bank account. Its a outdated system that hopefully will be coming to an end sooner rather than later.

Soldato
rhetorically - Did she make the race/skin comments whilst Harry was present - so his reaction could be seen ? if so it has more credibility both in him showing support for her and belief in truth, relationship strength, otherwise we draw our own conclusions.
even if Harry were present he could have said no comment ... it's being edited anyway

Permabanned
I have not been following this undignified saga, but I assume it's been claimed a Royal was musing over what skin colour their forthcoming offspring may turn out to have? The member of the Royal family most likely to be so forthright, if asked in a derogatory manner, is, in my opinion, Princess Michael of Kent, although she is sometimes more subtle with her opinion of the relationship, and perhaps, it is claimed, lets her jewellery do the talking. Quite why it's alleged for musing about the skin tone of a mixed race birth to be shocking I have no idea, at the time it was a question I heard on many lips. Quite why it should be taboo is also unclear...The genetics of appearance are commonly discussed matters, pre and post birth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724

Last edited:
Associate
rhetorically - Did she make the race/skin comments whilst Harry was present - so his reaction could be seen ? if so it has more credibility both in him showing support for her and belief in truth, relationship strength, otherwise we draw our own conclusions.
even if Harry were present he could have said no comment ... it's being edited anyway
She mentioned it in her one to one then Harry was asked about it which he confirmed...But said he won’t disclose who said it and the exact conversation.

The fact there was a concern over the colour is disgusting. The child was never going to be dark skinned (if that was what certain royals were concerned about) lmao. Considering Archies the parents and grandparents on both sides.

Associate
Very interested to see how the Palace will respond, their PR team definitely had a sleepless night.

And probably will for another night at least as people continue to react.

Not interested in seeing Meghan and Harry talk for 2 hours so only seen clips and write ups.

The storm it’s creating is interesting though, definitely shaken tables

Back
Top Bottom