Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is he quite high up? I have a few questions surrounding their narcotics procedures

He must be, he knows everything there is to know about drug dens in Paisley and their current market value :D

I don’t know, maybe I’m thinking about another poster who proved he was job.
As a policeman I tend to carry these things called handcuffs.

I'm trained in how to restrain a person without restricting their airways or causing them a great deal of harm.

Is that you I’m thinking of? I come and go from this forum too often to keep up.

Permabanned
Hurf durf just feels safe sat in his chair, I bet he's a pussy cat in real life, No one wins a debate on an internet forum I suppose and you have to challenge to a physical fight to win huh?
for me, g Floyd was a chav and resisted arrest so extreme measures were taken, he was overdosing before the fact yadda yadda all said before, we would need a one off episode of House MD to settle it.

Caporegime
OP
y'know if the average american jury filling public is anything like the state of this thread no wonder he tried to put in a plea.

why was that denied anyway? isn't the whole point of a plea meant to cut out the whole court-based shenanigans?

It's purely political - remember prosecutors are elected and accountable to voters. So on one hand, if it weren't for all the publicity and obvious resources being thrown at this case you'd probably not have had the plea deal being considered in the first place as Chauvin's team would be less worried about his chances however a lot of the media and the public are out for blood and so the prosecutor needs to try to really nail for 2nd degree murder Chauvin not just settle for some 10 year deal.

The silly thing is the local prosecutor saw the risks, he delayed even charging them initially as there were obvious risks (meanwhile the city went ahead and sacked all four officers without due process) and was criticized for it, he initially only went with a third-degree murder charge but it was the state AG who took over at the request of the state governor and upgraded the charge. Won't be good for them if the current appeal doesn't also allow for a third-degree murder charge and they fail to make the second-degree charge stick - especially if they do get a manslaughter conviction and/or it is perceived that perhaps 3rd degree might have worked (of course this is all moot if there is a not-guilty verdict on both).

Permabanned
The funny thing is if George were white and the cops were black what then?
I wonder if any white American feels safe walking through a black neighbourhood on their own? were as the other way around?

Caporegime
As a policeman I tend to carry these things called handcuffs.

I'm trained in how to restrain a person without restricting their airways or causing them a great deal of harm.

Also you have now said he was fighting with them and before said he resisted arrest. Now which is it?

Was he throwing haymakers or was he simply resisting arrest?

On top of that if I have my knee on someone's neck and they tell they can't breathe chances are it's true. Why? Well because my knee is on their neck.

Do you think that it's plausible a knee on a neck is extremely dangerous and terrible operating procedure?

There is a reason why in the UFC you aren't allowed to knee a downed opponent. So are you arguing that the commission have got it wrong and knees are perfectly fine to use on a grounded opponent and on their necks of all places?

You probably get more training than these guys.

They also have to deal woth more 200lb + guys on drugs with histories of gun crime. Something that you will rarely have to deal with in the uk (as a combination of all 3).

I didn't say the police handled this well. Infact it was terrible to watch.

My point is that it is being called out as a racist killing when infact 50% of the police in attendance were not white, and we have video evidence of other 'offenders' (white) getting the same treatment.

Does the policeman deserve putting on trial? Absolutely.

Should we be feting the victim? Given his history probably not. Its a sad case, but I dont think that the riots, deaths, carnage that followed was justified.

Soldato
Hold on, he apparently inspired you to be a special and you can't even remember if it was him?
One of the posters on here who is open about volunteering as 5-0, posts well, despite my disagreement with them, I thought it was him but now realise it might be someone else. I don’t keep track of posters outside of motors and am often surprised when people who I have no idea who they are are actively addressing me because they know me as a poster, especially considering the amount of time I take between posting here and not.

Soldato
Id rather be hands on with someone with a gun than a knife.
Funny you should say that, I hear the same thing from retired military, police officers and instructors at my Krav Maga club. We train with a range of replica weapons regularly especially training knifes because of the rise in knife crime and its sobering ****, especially when we break out the permanent marker pens!

In reality you're going to get cut so protecting vital areas are paramount obviously, but expect your forearms to get slashed in a frenzy we are told. Running away is always the wisest choice but not always possible.

Soldato
Funny you should say that, I hear the same thing from retired military, police officers and instructors at my Krav Maga club. We train with a range of replica weapons regularly especially training knifes because of the rise in knife crime and its sobering ****, especially when we break out the permanent marker pens!

In reality you're going to get cut so protecting vital areas are paramount obviously, but expect your forearms to get slashed in a frenzy we are told. Running away is always the wisest choice but not always possible.

indeed, it’s just common sense really. If you can make space and run you can out run someone carrying a knife, you can’t out run a bullet. With decent wrist control you can much better avoid getting shot than stabbed.

I’ve heard of Krav Maga dudes doing the marker pen thing, it’s very affective at showing how nonsense knife disarm techniques are.

Soldato
No no, don’t you understand, because one situation didn’t involve racism it means none can?!

This forum is a cesspool of far right and alt right posters, a lot of posters spread pure bile but try and skirt the line just enough to stay within the guidelines that are very very liberal in many ways with what can be posted and can’t.

For the first time in 10 (?) years here, this year I've blocked people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom