Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Can anyone refer me to Octopus Go?

Sent you one in trust, let me know if you have any problems with it. :)

EDIT: Make sure once you've signed up you opt into GO. You can't refer to a tariff directly. Also don't forget to book in a SMETS2 smart meter install ASAP if you don't have one, once the switch completes in 14-days.

Man of Honour
I have my MSE Cheap Energy Club alerts set to notify me if there is a deal that is £50 less than what I am paying currently. Usually I get one or two alerts per month but since last September when I switched to Green Energy I haven't had a single alert so prices must have increased considerably. My next switch is going to hurt.

Man of Honour
I've recently been moved from Yorkshire Energy to Scottish Power but it appears they created a really cheap tariff specifically for customers who were moved. My price per month has gone up around £30 in the past few months but looking at MSE, there isn't much savings to be had by moving to another provider. Frustrating.

Associate
I moved to E.on a little while back. They were the cheapest at the time. Got to say their app is rubbish. The british gas one I had before was lovely, nice breakdowns of energy use per day. E.on's is years behind.

Caporegime
Anyone got a referral for Bulb please.

Edit: Sorted thanks.

Edit: Well this isn't as straight forward as I thought it would be. Signed up to Bulb with my address and received an email a few minutes later to say the switch was unsuccessful. No reason was given but it said I should try again. Tried a second time, this time using the house name in my address, and was successful. Then had an email to say the switch couldn't be completed because the house name isn't included in the address that was kept on the national database for gas. Few minutes later received a welcome pack and a transfer date so **** knows if I'll be with Bulb on the 1st April or not :o

Last edited:
Associate
Been noticing a faint smell of gas in the utility over the past week but I wasn't sure, after having a smart meter installed a couple of weeks ago. Did a proper investigation over the weekend and it was definitely a gas leak, so I called the emergency helpline and someone turned up within an hour to cap it. Luckily a gas engineer who has done work for me recently was able to come out shortly after to fix the joint that was altered during the smart meter installation.
Waiting to get an invoice for the repair work, which I'll forward on to the energy supplier.
Obviously it could have been much worse, particularly with 3 young kids.

The engineer that repaired the leak said the meter wasn't even screwed to the wall, just hanging off the gas pipes...

Caporegime
Been noticing a faint smell of gas in the utility over the past week but I wasn't sure, after having a smart meter installed a couple of weeks ago. Did a proper investigation over the weekend and it was definitely a gas leak, so I called the emergency helpline and someone turned up within an hour to cap it. Luckily a gas engineer who has done work for me recently was able to come out shortly after to fix the joint that was altered during the smart meter installation.
Waiting to get an invoice for the repair work, which I'll forward on to the energy supplier.
Obviously it could have been much worse, particularly with 3 young kids.

The engineer that repaired the leak said the meter wasn't even screwed to the wall, just hanging off the gas pipes...
Might want to get that in writing.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Your rates

We're increasing our electricity unit rate from 16.500p to 18.900p per kWh and electricity standing charge from 20.312p to 20.328p per day. Our gas unit rate is increasing from 2.941p to 2.961p per kWh and standing charge from 20.444p to 25.158p per day. These prices all include VAT at 5%.

thanks Bulb, that’s a hefty standing charge increase!

Back
Top Bottom