Census 2021

Soldato
Just filled it in all very straightforward except for place of employment, I don't have one I have various sites but put the largest and furthest away since it seems its being used for commuting information so thats probably the most relevent, no other options available. Ah well.

Associate
If atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god - then what is?

Someone makes a claim that there's a god, atheism is a rejection of that statement.

The common analogy is that there's a big jar of smarties, someone says "I know that there's an even number of smarties in the jar" but doesn't supply evidence of this, the atheist equivilant responose is "I don't believe that statement".
I'm not saying I know there's an odd number of smarties.

Soldato
Everyone must complete the census and provide accurate information. It helps decide how services are funded in your area.

thats why they ask about gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, qualifications etc so they can cut back on services to certain people.
its not just a household headcount like they want you to believe.

fez

fez

Caporegime
thats why they ask about gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, qualifications etc so they can cut back on services to certain people.

Thats not a secret. Its used to get a view of the population of the country and where money should be spent. Its not all a big conspiracy and they don't try and paint it as such. If we found out that we spend 10% of the budget supporting ethnic groups yet they made up 50% of the population then maybe that figure should change...

Soldato

The landing page of census.gov.uk literally says...

Why you should take part
Everyone must complete the census and provide accurate information. It helps decide how services are funded in your area.

...right in the middle of the page.

Strange thing to do if they 'want you to believe' that it's just a headcount. I would have expected them to say "Everyone must complete the census and provide accurate information. It's just a household headcount." if they were trying to make us believe that?

Soldato
Surely aligning services to the gender/sexual orientation/ethnicity/qualifications of an area is a good thing?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Surely aligning services to the gender/sexual orientation/ethnicity/qualifications of an area is a good thing?

I mean, logically you would think so but some people are so caught up in their victim complex that they can complain about being misgendered or ignored in one breath and then complain that they are being forced to give information to help the government more accurately direct services that would potentially help them in the next.

Capodecina
Soldato
A couple of days ago I was watching a Twitch stream, and someone said in the chat to the girl streaming, "do you know it's International Women's Day today?" To which she replied, "no, I did not." That was it.

The next day someone said, "happy International Women's Day for yesterday! Women are awesome!". She said, "yes, women are awesome. Women and men are, they both are." End of conversation.

It was so refreshing to see someone not getting involved in a debate about sex and gender and contrasting oppression.

Caporegime
Soldato
A couple of days ago I was watching a Twitch stream, and someone said in the chat to the girl streaming, "do you know it's International Women's Day today?" To which she replied, "no, I did not." That was it.

The next day someone said, "happy International Women's Day for yesterday! Women are awesome!". She said, "yes, women are awesome. Women and men are, they both are." End of conversation.

It was so refreshing to see someone not getting involved in a debate about sex and gender and contrasting oppression.
Oh god, not only are you a fragile white person, you are also a fragile male person :p

Soldato
Someone makes a claim that there's a god, atheism is a rejection of that statement.

The common analogy is that there's a big jar of smarties, someone says "I know that there's an even number of smarties in the jar" but doesn't supply evidence of this, the atheist equivilant responose is "I don't believe that statement".
I'm not saying I know there's an odd number of smarties.

Pretty sure thats agnostic.

Atheism is the belief that god(s) do(es) n't exist *

Agnostic is the default position of believing that God may or may not exist due to the absence of evidence either way (e.g. "I don't care how many smarties there are, I want to eat some")

I guess you class "no religion" as a separate position where you are completely unaware of the concept of god(s). Although paradoxically by being asked the question, you would then become aware of the concept and so the position would no long be applicable :p

* which incidentally means all religions are simultaneously theistic and atheistic, as - along with believing in their own God - they also believe the other god(s) don't exist :D

Back
Top Bottom