Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
CPU Clock 5GHz is not an OC ?

At stock the 5950x is capable of boosting to 5050mhz on a single core and the aida bench doesn't put much load on the cores (at least on the L3 one) so it can have quick spikes to the CPUs max boost clock. 4.9ghz is the official boost speed of the 5950x on a single core but it can automatically pass that when it can.

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, mines also stock and on the first CCX all my cores boost to 5,000Mhz+ and most cores on my 2nd CCX boost to at least 4,900Mhz with two also reaching 5,000Mhz. I have seen 1 core hit 5.2Ghz but that as after leaving the PC idle and probably only boosted that high for a fraction of a second.

Associate
When gaming I see my my NVMe drives get up to 55/60c, I know this is well with spec, but curious what others are seeing with their drives?
Those numbers sound very reasonable to me.

Currently on my work PC so can't check the exact numbers, but my NVMe drives go significantly higher than that.

If I remember correctly, at least my 1TB 980 Pro pushes past 70 degrees. Then again looking at reviews, this seems to be fairly normal for that drive when under workloads.

Associate
What is happening with the stock for the Dark Hero?
None of these available for months now?

It's all messed up, squire. I spoke to another e-tailer today who has 40 coming in next month (with over 100+ preorders waiting). 40 folks are going to be happy. I am not one of them. E-tailer said no idea when next order is due after that.
Basically, Asus are either not making enough, or they are spreading their shipments out very thinly.

Associate
It's all messed up, squire. I spoke to another e-tailer today who has 40 coming in next month (with over 100+ preorders waiting). 40 folks are going to be happy. I am not one of them. E-tailer said no idea when next order is due after that.
Basically, Asus are either not making enough, or they are spreading their shipments out very thinly.
Think I will skip it and wait.

Associate
new BIOS 3302 with agesa 1.2.0.1 is up on Asus site (doesn't seem to be the beta version mentioned before.)

Odd one here - I cant see the new bios when going to the asus website on my desktop, but am able to see and download it on mobile - just a quirk or has the bios not been officially released ?

Associate
Odd one here - I cant see the new bios when going to the asus website on my desktop, but am able to see and download it on mobile - just a quirk or has the bios not been officially released ?

Definitely seems to have been released as my Formula also has 3302 that's not in beta, so it seems apart from the 3301 agesa 1.2.0.1 preview a short while ago they went straight to a full release on their website and skipped the beta.

Seems the regular hero and formula have 3302 available as I updated my board hours ago but its not showing just yet for the dark hero, will probably be updated later.

Associate
Same, working fine. By the way I'm back from PBO bios option from "enabled" to "auto" => less 15°c in OCCT and CR23 and only a few less MHz.

For me (on my 5950), the PBO is not valuable in regards to the heat generated

Associate
Also running 3302 now, jumped from 3003 that was released in December. No issues so far.

Since this thread also had discussion about USB issues, AMD has finally (probably) found a fix and it will be included in AGESA 1.2.0.2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/m2wqkf/updated_agesa_coming_for_intermittent_usb/

With your help, we believe we have isolated the root cause and developed a solution that addresses a range of reported symptoms, including (but not limited to): USB port dropout, USB 2.0 audio crackling (e.g. DAC/AMP combos), and USB/PCIe Gen 4 exclusion.

AMD has prepared AGESA 1.2.0.2 to deploy this update, and we plan to distribute 1.2.0.2 to our motherboard partners for integration in about a week. Customers can expect downloadable BIOSes containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 to begin with beta updates in early April.

Back
Top Bottom