Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Just bought this https://www.carbonfbr.com/store/product/tri008-triumph-2013-street-tripler-flyscreen and so the wallet draining begins :o :D

My man reasoning is that one of the previous owners drilled the OEM flyscreen to fit an extender which had been replaced with another style that bolts onto the flyscreen mounting points so the holes are now just there filled with a well nut and bolt doing nothing. Just need to grab a street triple decal to fit to the new screen now.

Man of Honour
I got out again today on my 125. Only the second time in a few weeks due to the cold. I bought the YBR back in October/November, partly due to tests being constantly moved with lockdowns and also because I felt nervous on a bike during my CBT and found myself gripping onto the bike so hard I just wasn't confident. Well I seem to have overcome that nervousness now and really starting to feel relaxed on the bike. I found myself wanting more power for the first time with the throttle pinned in a national speed limit and still not quite managing to get to 60 :) I'm not regretting getting the 125 at all. I could have just waited for DAS but I've managed to get a lot of experience and get a proper taster for what it's like. Now I'm trying to decide what type of bike I want when I've passed my test. My theory is booked for mid April, after being rescheduled multiple times. So it looks like it may actually happen this time. Then I'll book my DAS. Then a bigger bike.

Man of Honour
Bike has gone off for a proper clean and acf50 treatment and I've got it booked in for a full service with a guy called muddysump.
He's very well regarded in the triumph community and just spends a couple of months a year traveling the country carrying out servicing.

Unfortunately it looks like the previous owner liked to have a go at maintenence but was not very good at it.
So far I've found a cross threaded bolt in the rear sets, the rivet link has been well over flared and I'll need to replace it and the seat bolts have been replaced with whatever random bolts they had in their toolbox which has damaged the seat tabs. :rolleyes:

Not the end of the world but it's irritating that people are that hamfisted.

Soldato
Unfortunately it looks like the previous owner liked to have a go at maintenence but was not very good at it.
So far I've found a cross threaded bolt in the rear sets, the rivet link has been well over flared and I'll need to replace it and the seat bolts have been replaced with whatever random bolts they had in their toolbox which has damaged the seat tabs. :rolleyes:

First bike I had, CBF500, after a few months it got very loud, realised the exhaust header bolts were loose. Tightened it up but still a bit loud, I must need new gaskets. Order the gaskets, take the pipes off to discover there are no gaskets there at all!

Associate
I've been in conversation with GPR to try and understand how this happened in 500 miles:
20210219-150722.jpg

My SC Project adventure went well with the K so I thought I'd try another Italian brand. Didn't quite work out :(.

Associate
Went to go out today, fully geared up and ready to go - battery flat! Managed to jump it but obviously need to look in to some sort of charger for when its in the garage - any recommendations?

Associate
Yeah, I stumbled across a Missenden Flyer vid and they are what he recommended too, seem to be a common brand. Also purchased a new lid as mine is nearly 6 years old and didn't survive a drop test in the garage earlier :(
Good job SBS do free turns as I've no idea if I'm an XL or XXL for Shoei

Soldato
Good old cumbrian brand! They're relatively basic but seem to last well. I had one on my cb500 and it sounded really good. The styling and quality of components looks better than it used to be so I doubt you'll have any issues.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What's the situation like with bike gear and shops? Can you go and try them on, guessing not due to C19?

I need pair of gloves and a helmet, but can't remember what size I was. :o

Man of Honour
What's the situation like with bike gear and shops? Can you go and try them on, guessing not due to C19?

I need pair of gloves and a helmet, but can't remember what size I was. :o
All shut until non essential retail can open, sports bike shop is probably the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom