Keeping up with the Markles

Soldato
Leaving the royal family....
Well it was no supprise really since Meghan doesn't do family relationships and neither does Harry now.

Since Harry met Meghan he's fallen out with his dad his brother and many of his old friends while Meghan has fallen out with everyone but her mother.

Last edited:
Associate
I mean it's quite easy to shame someone about their relationship with their familly as an outsider when you have no idea what it was like for said person growing up in it.

I believe Harry & Meghan, I think he should just abdicate come clean he's pretty much stated in other words that he was a missfit for the royal familly probably thought his mother was as well.
But do so when things are more settled, and without as many bridges burned some healing needs to occur.

Said from someone who isn't a big fan of the royal familly.

Man of Honour
Charles has his priorities wrong.

I'd be far more annoyed at someone getting on a chat show to gossip about the family than leaving the family business to do your own thing.

We have no idea why Charles stopped taking Harry's calls (if the claim is accurate), so we should be careful about judging it. It might have been a decision made by Charles to protect his own mental health for example.

Man of Honour
Yeah the queen striped them of the HRH title and turned off the cash flow which I imagen really ****** them off so now they are hitting back and taking revenge.

Meghan seems like the sort to turn nasty and hold a grudge judging by the way she's treated her own father so I guess she probably went berserk.

They haven't been stripped of either their HRH or Dukedom.

The only thing they were told was that they must not cash in on those titles or use them in their commercial ventures.

Soldato
This definitely does make us ask some questions about what role the royal family and the monarch have going forward.

I’ve always been a fan of the pomp, the ceremony and the traditions. However, we can definitely have that with a much scaled down royal family, with no overt political influence/duties.

The commonwealth is dead, serves no real purpose and I feel the colonies will equally feel that and move away to republics with the death of the queen.

The idea of a royal class who are better than us simply down to birth is wrong and outdated in today’s world. I really can’t see their relevance anymore.

I somewhat understand why people are so in love with them, a few recent posts in here are almost aghast at someone saying anything negative about them. But they shouldn’t be immune to criticism, critique and analysis.
Ultimately the royal family in their current guise are an out dated, out of place, historic relic.

I do wonder if they’ll change, die or try and hold on.

Soldato
Everyone should have a voice. I think Owen Jones is a vile piece of work, but I’d never want him to lose his job or platform.
Same with the likes of Ash Sarkar and Kehinde Andrews - they are bloody annoying but deserve a fair hearing. They are entitled to their (crazy IMO) opinions.

Capodecina
Soldato
Everyone should have a voice. I think Owen Jones is a vile piece of work, but I’d never want him to lose his job or platform.
It would be interesting if the Guardian Media Group were to allow Piers Morgan to have free rein to voice his opinion and Rupert Murdoch were to do the same for Owen Jones :D

As it happens, I suspect that Murdoch would be more inclined (temporarily) to give a voice to Owen Jones (who you pejoratively dismiss as a vile piece of work) - because the Dirty Digger is primarily interested in making money by appealing to the populist, largest, lowest common denominator - the Guardian actually has some principles.

Man of Honour
Owen Jones has nothing on Morgan. Morgans still butthurt that Meghan "ghosted him". He gives it out then as soon as someone gives it back he runs.

Owen Jones routinely defended antisemitism when it comes from the left, so not sure there's any moral high ground he can claim.

Caporegime
If he didn't apologise for making up stories about UK soldiers (at least at the time), is he really every going to apologise for anything? Look how much he defended Trump. Controversy is his fuel.

He's a ***** who hasn't recovered from being ghosted.

Back
Top Bottom