Valheim

Associate
Lol. That poison DoT is devastating if you’re not prepared for it. Especially if you’re decked in Bronze Age gear. First time me and 2 friends got poisoned we al screamed on chat as the DoT was never ending and then 3 tombstones popped!

Better off killing them with arrows the moment you spot them. If one gets close hit it with a mace ASAP and roll out of the way at the same time. In crypts slimes are an absolute disaster as they sometimes get bugged and stuck in an item that you can’t reach them in, but they can eternally throw out poison while stuck.

Everything in the swamps is weak to blunt/clubs.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I saw it spawn and thought, ill get stuck in with sword and shield.. and you are right im decked out in Bronze.

Couldnt believe it when I started to die, i was convinced id be running for 30 minutes back to my bag.. luckily it stopped on 2hp!

Associate
Thanks for the tips. Yeah I saw it spawn and thought, ill get stuck in with sword and shield.. and you are right im decked out in Bronze.

Couldnt believe it when I started to die, i was convinced id be running for 30 minutes back to my bag.. luckily it stopped on 2hp!

Poison resistance potions are a massive help too!

Soldato
Yeah, you’re going to need a good amount of poison resist throughout your swamp expeditions so certainly stock up ASAP.

Edit: Heads up for those in the swamps. Those green blobs of whatever on the trees. Whack it with an axe if it’s within reach. Thank me later. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
When your doing the crypts in the swamp take the AOE hammer before you break through the last bit if the dirt pile, start hitting the floor so your AOE hits the mobs in the next room.

Soldato
Is there a better way of finding the chambers with the core things in, or is there only way to wonder round until you find one.

Soldato
Is there a better way of finding the chambers with the core things in, or is there only way to wonder round until you find one.
If you’ve got swamps near you with those fire geezer things. Kill the 2-3 annoying fire surtlings, and then quickly lower the land (to water level) around the geezer with a pick axe. When the surtlings spawn, they’ll fall in the water, take damage and eventually die dropping coal and surty cores.

Soldato
If you’ve got swamps near you with those fire geezer things. Kill the 2-3 annoying fire surtlings, and then quickly lower the land (to water level) around the geezer with a pick axe. When the surtlings spawn, they’ll fall in the water, take damage and eventually die dropping coal and surty cores.
I haven't found a swamp yet.

Associate
Right, cheers guys.

So, it sounds like tonight's task will be to start a Baby's-First-Base on the coast not too far from the Black Forest biome. I think there is a spot for that.

I can see there is loads to the building that my "repair and fill in this little shack" has not even touched!

That base is very impressive, btw! But what do you mean, the mobs don't reach the stone steps? I didn't see anything that would stop them, so I am probably missing something about base defenses or mob behaiour.

I had heard some people mention that excessive land-levelling or raising can cause stutter in the game? I have already noticed a little bit of stutter as (I presume) the game loads in new terrain as I move around, so I don't want to make it worse.

The giant walls stop everything pretty much from getting in, anything that spawns inside the wolves take care of lol.

The raising and flattening of land or terraforming whatever you wanna call it adds instances by the bucket load. My base is at 12k instances already and until a proper fix is in place I'm leaving it alone. I was going to build a harbour too, but it will have to wait. We have modified the server and our clients to increase the maximum transmit of data which is a paltry 64kb. It does help massively we've found, but still not perfect.

Associate
Being an exploration game it feels like they wanted you to make multiple bases, but once they added portals into it that goes out the window as everyone makes a base just big enough to protect the end portal and only builds exclusively at one place. Also digging a massive ditch around my bases didn't help the instance count but it does stop fulings getting in while in the plains.

Man of Honour
I know this is in my head, but does anyone else feel when we they sail you can guarantee the wind will be blowing directly against you the entire journey? :p

Funnily enough I have commented on exactly this so many times to friends, we've all noticed it. Its literally like its happening on purpose in order to slow us down and stop us getting around faster. Like an artificial game slowdown mechanism :)

I first commented on it because it seemed that literally the moment we got into a boat the wind changed direction to be against us.

Soldato
Same thing happens to me every time I go out on my bike.
Sounds like you're just riding your bike too quickly.

Regarding the video of the base posted above - amazing! I've only played for an hour or so so barely started but knowing the potential is there to make somthing like that is pretty inspirational.

Back
Top Bottom