• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I'm also considering a bundle from a competitor as those appear in stock. I need to do a build for my daughter anyway so might be the easiest way to kill two birds...
yeah exactly killing to birds with one stone. think will wait to end of the month and see what the the intel chip is like and if its good i might just go for that. fed up of waiting now for mobo and cpu.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
happy days so be getting one of those ordered then. I am looking at Seasonic 100w titanium but not in stock till may

Mine arrived earlier this week, but not opened yet since waiting for CPU still. Based on the weight of the package, I think it has bricks in it! Essentially a Seasonic, so I'm optimistic that quality will be good.

Associate
Mine arrived earlier this week, but not opened yet since waiting for CPU still. Based on the weight of the package, I think it has bricks in it! Essentially a Seasonic, so I'm optimistic that quality will be good.
chunky psu then and yeah expect the quality to be good on it as well. just need that cpu to arrive. im still thinking what to do either go intel or wait forever for 5900x. going to order more EKWB parts at least i can do that till i decide

Soldato
When will OCUK be dropping some or taking preorders anybody know? A friend is after a 5900x for a build got the rest... A 3D printed type drop for forum members for CPU's would be good.

Associate
I mean any information from OC would be good at this point. I would even be happy with just we are awaiting news or have no dev date, but not posting an update on their Forum Post since Jan 5th is just poor customer service I feel.

Associate
I mean any information from OC would be good at this point. I would even be happy with just we are awaiting news or have no dev date, but not posting an update on their Forum Post since Jan 5th is just poor customer service I feel.

We just have to be patient and assume that no news means they don't have any more information from their suppliers. AMD will hopefully get on top of their stock issues soon!

Caporegime
What's going on with the 5600x pricing lately? It's £350 at many places, but the 5800x is still ~£400.

Would make sense if they'd both gone up, but seems only the 6-core has.

Must be some insane margins on that part now.

Soldato
Managed to snag a 5900x at last! had to pay 60 over rrp but I guess worth it in the current struggles!

Well you were lucky to get it £60 more than MSRP, earlier in the day they were selling some at another retailer for £650, that's £120 more than MSRP and they sold out super quick.

Soldato
Been out the PC hardware game for about 12 months dealing with stuff. Came back to upgrade.
..eh.... where is everything? Cant find 12 core chips anywhere and im seeing inflated prices of others. No GPUs either?

Associate
Well you were lucky to get it £60 more than MSRP, earlier in the day they were selling some at another retailer for £650, that's £120 more than MSRP and they sold out super quick.

they stayed up for a good 30 minutes, which in the age of bots and scalpers and bots is an eternity. hopefully that sort of pricing doesn't become normal.

Back
Top Bottom