**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
It seems such a pain that at every update you have to move files and folder and then put them back again, it a shame the installer can't do this automatically for you as Microsoft knows this has to happen for add-ons.
I suppose you could make a batch file to do this with one click

Hi, I've already updated! I have the A32NX mod, do I have to remove and re-add it to the community folder?

Thanks.

Soldato
Damn this game is a bit of a mess isnt it.... played it a fair bit perfectly fine prior to the UK update (not a single crash!). Fired it up today for the first time in about a month and get a crash to desktop a few seconds after hitting the "takeoff" button. Try again... same thing. Third time... again
Will try it in a few months. Uninstalled for now :(

Associate
TBH it started off as good looking and went down hill. When we looked under the hood its got serious issues. It's going to take some work to get it matured enough to be a serious product. X Plane can tidy people over.

Soldato
I got the game working, turned out needed update from MS Store. Framerate still horrendous, 14fps over New York. Chicago was around 20-30fps that was ok. Aside from that performance really gone down hill since before world update 3.

Soldato
TBH it started off as good looking and went down hill. When we looked under the hood its got serious issues. It's going to take some work to get it matured enough to be a serious product. X Plane can tidy people over.

I’ve uninstalled X-Plane and never going back ;)

I got the game working, turned out needed update from MS Store. Framerate still horrendous, 14fps over New York. Chicago was around 20-30fps that was ok. Aside from that performance really gone down hill since before world update 3.

You aren’t alone, there are quite a few reporting poor performance in this patch - in the dev Q&A they mentioned they’ve already identified two of the causes with certain configurations and are considering a hotfix.

Going forward it sounds like they are going to try and reduce branch complexity as they mentioned they currently have something like 30 open branches (hence the merging of world update 4 and sim update 4 for example), and it sounds like they are considering doing a wider beta test prior to releasing updates in future too.

The dev Q&As are great, I personally find them to be very genuine and honest in them and there are some great bits of info.

I think performance wise we’ll really need to wait until the summer for meaningful improvements when all the optimisation work gets rolled into the main branch for the DX12 release.

Soldato
Fingers crossed, I'm never really optimistic in terms of performance "improvements", I've always felt like the performance you get initially there is never any great huge improvement, for example Cyberpunk 2077, that's only marginally changed from launch in terms of framerate, and I doubt it'll increase much at all.

Soldato
Fingers crossed, I'm never really optimistic in terms of performance "improvements", I've always felt like the performance you get initially there is never any great huge improvement, for example Cyberpunk 2077, that's only marginally changed from launch in terms of framerate, and I doubt it'll increase much at all.

Nah I'm pretty optimistic on this one - they've referenced how much "lossless" optimisation work they are doing currently and specifically called out a few things such as reducing memory use to a third of current levels, 4x speed up in trees etc in these Q&As - there should be significant performance wins when they roll all of them in to the DX12U release branch in the summer which may admittedly be partially offset by making use of the new headroom to increase fidelity and add new effects, but should still allow better perf at current fidelity levels.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't hold high confidence for the future of this. I think it looks pretty but is lacking. A lot of work needs to be done this year to deliver what was promised and expected. Let's see if they pull it off.

Associate
In a few videos I have watched, after the plane has landed and is rolling down the runway there is the noise similar to a car going over cats eyes. I imagine its supposed to be the front wheel doing the same with the runways centre lights, the only problem is it puts in about 2 extra thumps between each light

Soldato
I've got the weirdest hotas problem with MSFS maybe someone can help ?

reinstalled windows 10, re-downloaded MSFS 2020, game launches fine, controllers are calibrated and are working fine (VKB gunfighter III / Warthog throttle)

Problem is, when I use any of the axis on my stick, it's like pressing and holding a key on the keyboard - if I try to roll left then centre the stick - it just stays rolled over until I roll to the right to centre it. Same with the rudder - if I twist one way, it just goes on way and stays there?

Just wondering why it's doing this, I can't seem to find any settings to change it - it's totally unplayable lol.. any ideas?

Soldato
I've got the weirdest hotas problem with MSFS maybe someone can help ?

reinstalled windows 10, re-downloaded MSFS 2020, game launches fine, controllers are calibrated and are working fine (VKB gunfighter III / Warthog throttle)

Problem is, when I use any of the axis on my stick, it's like pressing and holding a key on the keyboard - if I try to roll left then centre the stick - it just stays rolled over until I roll to the right to centre it. Same with the rudder - if I twist one way, it just goes on way and stays there?

Just wondering why it's doing this, I can't seem to find any settings to change it - it's totally unplayable lol.. any ideas?

sounds like you've bound to eg aileron left/right rather than aileron axis?

Associate
Just tried launching FS2020. Getting the message 'Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc'. I have the downloaded version purchased via the MS Store! Currently unable to fly :(

Anyone else getting this?

Back
Top Bottom