Cracked screen on Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro

Soldato
OP
You could try Xiaomi UK no poco f2 pro listed and not very clear how you go about getting a repair but it's a start :confused:

https://www.mi.com/uk/service/support/materialprice.html

That makes sense as I couldn't find anything either. Never had this happen to me before!

I'll email Xiaomi UK and see if they can help. I was wondering if there are any other (recommended) companies out there that people might suggest. Appreciate your input!:cool:

Associate
Hi did you ever get a price from Xiaomi as I emailed them asking and they just said to send it in and they will give me a quote before starting work.
I would rather have a rough idea before sending it off as I would have to pay inspection costs and postage both ways.
My screen is completely broken so can't even use phone so will need to decide on a screen from china or send it to Xiaomi. Their prices for other models isn't too high so might take my chances as it will be original screen also.

Soldato
OP
Hi did you ever get a price from Xiaomi as I emailed them asking and they just said to send it in and they will give me a quote before starting work.
I would rather have a rough idea before sending it off as I would have to pay inspection costs and postage both ways.
My screen is completely broken so can't even use phone so will need to decide on a screen from china or send it to Xiaomi. Their prices for other models isn't too high so might take my chances as it will be original screen also.
No I didn't do anything about it as when I enquired, I couldn't get a satisfactory response either. I still have the phone and I'm using it daily but the cracked screen is highly irritating. If you do go ahead with the repair, please do let us know how you get on.

Associate
So there are screens on Ali express that are delivered within 10 days I thought it would cost £80 for the screen so took apart the phone and removed old screen, then realised that the price didn't include the vat which was added at the final payment stage.
So the screen will now cost £100. By the looks of Xiaomi's price list the screen would be 80 to 100 for similar models with a screen fingerprint scanner plus probably another £50? in labour. I used a heat gun and there is a decent video on youtube of the process for that phone.

Back
Top Bottom