FI27Q-X vs AW21271D - 1440p 240Hz

Associate
I'm in the market for a new 27" 1440p 240Hz display.

I've currently got the Odyssey G7 32" but I've found that whilst great for gaming and multimedia, it's not the best setup for work and I'd prefer two 27" side by side. I've already got a 27" that I'm happy to use for work and would like to pair it with either the Alienware 27 or the new 27 Aorus.

The monitors will be mounted on an arm so the footprint of the stands shouldn't make a difference.

I just wondered whether anyone had any experience with the two monitors and what the IPS glow/backlight bleed etc is like. The Samsung I've got at the moment is a VA panel and its excellent across the board in terms of black levels, bleeding etc.

The only thing that puts me off the FI27Q-X is the pricing, its pretty steep. I can pick up the AW for £560 so I wonder whether the FI27Q-X is worth the extra £

Thanks

Associate
I've got the AW2721D, previous monitor was the G7. The Alienware has good uniformity for an IPS but the G7 I had had almost perfect black uniformity. Going from the G7 to an IPS might be disappointing as VA has a lot of advantages over IPS for picture quality.

Associate
Yeah almost perfect black uniformity on this panel too. What made you swap?
The only reason I got rid of it as because of the anti glare coating on the G7 is harsh, it makes the panel appear gritty to me. The AW2721D has a semi gloss coating and makes the image appear smoother, more vibrant due to low hazing. If the G7 had a lighter coating it would be a no brainer to me.

Associate
I'm in the market for a new 27" 1440p 240Hz display.

I've currently got the Odyssey G7 32" but I've found that whilst great for gaming and multimedia, it's not the best setup for work and I'd prefer two 27" side by side. I've already got a 27" that I'm happy to use for work and would like to pair it with either the Alienware 27 or the new 27 Aorus.

The monitors will be mounted on an arm so the footprint of the stands shouldn't make a difference.

I just wondered whether anyone had any experience with the two monitors and what the IPS glow/backlight bleed etc is like. The Samsung I've got at the moment is a VA panel and its excellent across the board in terms of black levels, bleeding etc.

The only thing that puts me off the FI27Q-X is the pricing, its pretty steep. I can pick up the AW for £560 so I wonder whether the FI27Q-X is worth the extra £

Thanks
Did you end up getting the F127Q-X?
Interested in getting this monitor myself

Associate
OP
Did you end up getting the F127Q-X?
Interested in getting this monitor myself
No I didn't actually. I got the Alienware instead. So far it's been fantastic. I understand Rtings will be publishing a review for the F127Q-X over the coming weeks so it may be worth keeping an eye out for that

Back
Top Bottom