*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
If you have crowed density on High try Medium. I think that one is a big killer for CPU usage. And you get a nice boost as well.

I'll give that a go this evening. I essentially put everything up to ultra and just hoped my system would've coped on the max settings but it's just a pipe dream for me :)

Soldato
About 20hrs into my StreetKid "Only Melee & Blades using Kerenzikov" build run-through (5th run-through in total I think) and, for me at least, I found the Melee/Blades aspect pretty dull in general but it gets even worse once you get a Kerenzikov, making this the most boring/repetitive style of play as it's a One Trick Pony constantly using the Matrix style bullet-time and nothing else.

I suppose I prefer the perceived difference in the many varied firearm or cyberware attacks whilst melee/blades feels to me to be exactly the same whether you're using a Sword, Knife or Mantis Blades etc which may seem odd to say as others will absolutely find that the firearm or cyberware attacks are all the same to them.

Man of Honour
Well that was rather off-putting. I was going to pick this up cheap when patched a few times but don't think ill bother now.

If CDPR hadn't misrepresentated the game so badly, it would probably have been better received. It's not bad in itself. It's bloody awful compared with what it was supposed to be. An analogy that comes to mind is a company claiming that their new car does 100mpg, 0-60 in 1.5s and 300mph. In reality, it does 40mpg, 0-60 in 5s and 150mph.

If you have crowed density on High try Medium. I think that one is a big killer for CPU usage. And you get a nice boost as well.

It's also much less of an inconvenience when moving around the city on foot. They were falsely advertised by CDPR as state of the art NPCs with a complete life. In fact, they're just moving obstacles that repeat the same few scripted actions in a very small area and spontaneously appear and disappear.

Man of Honour
I’m just glad I didn’t buy a 3090 for it, I came close. There don’t seem to be any other games that need it. I’m glad I got this refunded. It doesn’t even seem like any major patches will appear any time soon.

Soldato
Got a 3070 so thought I'd try cyberpunk out. I have NPCS that look like Quake 1 characters from about 20ft away. As soon as they get to about 2ft away they suddenly become high res detailed models.

Really can't be bothered with this game. Been playing RDR2 lately which shows what years of development can achieve.

Soldato
I can see that this can be had for £19.99 now.

Is it worth buying at all?

tempted to get it and give it a try as Div 2 season 4 has ended and looking for something else to play

Associate
Hard to say, depends on your expectations. Taking emotions out of it, it seems to be luck of the draw- experiences with the game vary wildly from few bugs and decent performance, to broken buggy mess/continuous CTDs and unacceptable performance.

I paid full price, enjoy the game and don't feel ripped off. It's not the best game ever, it's not the worst. For me, it'd be an easy sell for £20. Buy on a platform where you can request a refund, and you're covered.

Soldato
No, still not.

I bought it for £20 via VPN on launch eve, definitely had my money's worth as I'm 37 hours in. Just mooching about doing side missions in ~1-2 hour sessions.

Did the infiltrate Arasaka compound mission last night, if there were more of that I'd be happy.

got in through the rooftops like a cyber ninja, assassinated a few goons, completed the mission and busted out guns blazing. Was a blast[/Spoilers]

Man of Honour
Nothing has significantly changed since launch - a couple of gameplay/functionality bugs fixed and some other misc stuff but no real changes. Looks like the latest patch has been delayed indefinitely as well.

I gave up on my second play through - unlike my first which wasn't unduly troubled by bugs trying to play with a new character was sadly bug central and after the 5th time cyberware stuff stopped working in an hour I gave up. I do want to get back into it at some point and give it another run through though.

Man of Honour
Given the data breach I’m not expecting any major revisions for some time.

It has its moments, but literally every few minutes there was an immersion destroying bug that undid all of their efforts.

Associate
Installed new patch and loaded game.... loaded while in vehicle hovering in the air, good start. Quick walk around and found a open door to nowhere and fell through the game world.

Love this game.

Man of Honour
I dont think that any other game in my 40 years of gaming has disappointed me as much as Cyberpunk, I generally do well with my game purchases as I'm very fussy on buying and always attempt to hit a £ per hour, but I stumped up 49.99 for Cyberpunk and uninstalled it pretty quickly, I did manage to get 10 hours of it (way lower than the £ per hour) but ultimately the disappointment and pain of what I was seeing made me uninstall and I highly doubt I will ever reinstall it.

Man of Honour
I dont think that any other game in my 40 years of gaming has disappointed me as much as Cyberpunk, I generally do well with my game purchases as I'm very fussy on buying and always attempt to hit a £ per hour, but I stumped up 49.99 for Cyberpunk and uninstalled it pretty quickly, I did manage to get 10 hours of it (way lower than the £ per hour) but ultimately the disappointment and pain of what I was seeing made me uninstall and I highly doubt I will ever reinstall it.

Indeed. I’m so glad I didn’t upgrade for it because I nearly went all crazy and down the 3090 route. What a waste that would have been.

Associate

There is some fun to be had but you have to be very forgiving of the many bugs you'll encounter and many other issues this games has. :p

Back
Top Bottom