• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Surely that depends on how long that you are willing to wait? We literally have no information on anything incoming. It could be three weeks or three months. We really don't know.

My advice to everybody, whether you believe that you wish to wait or not, is not to sit on your hands and hope for something to happen. At least explore other options and other sources. My optimism is well and truly beaten into submission.

cheers for the reply I have an rtx 2070 strix soo time does not matter and want a strix card don’t wanna buy a scalpers one so I’m happy to wait another couple of months.

Associate
188 RTX 3080 Gigabyte Eagles have been shipped since release on the 17th of September 2020. Thats 187 days ago... 1 card a day right? only 11 more days for me... wishful thinking or what

Associate
i would like to know exactly how many orders has oc put in for these cards ?. but i bet there is no reply to this question. are they just putting a few orders in at a time or has they should have ordered them as soon as we paid our money ?

Associate
I’m not cancelling too late for that waited 6 months already soo far hopefully will improve just when that is.
OcUK have the right to cancel if they can't foresee filling the order. IMO they should have done that months ago.

if that's what you want to believe but regardless what oc wants you to think a contract dos exists. for a number of reasons . 1) there was no mistake in the listing . 2) they did not refund in the specified time 3) the fact that they took full payment therefor
acknowledging the contract.

the contract . them just posting that no contract exsists untill delivery is not acceptable.

Associate
I’m not cancelling too late for that waited 6 months already soo far hopefully will improve just when that is.
OcUK have the right to cancel if they can't foresee filling the order. IMO they should have done that months ago.

if that's what you want to believe but regardless what oc wants you to think a contract dos exists. for a number of reasons . 1) there was no mistake in the listing . 2) they did not refund in the specified time 3) the fact that they took full payment therefor
acknowledging the contract. them just posting that no contract exsists untill delivery is not acceptable.
The trader must deliver the goods to you unless you have agreed otherwise. The goods must be delivered without undue delay or in any event not more than 30 days after the day on which you entered the contract. This does not prevent you and the trader from agreeing your own arrangements for delivery but you should ensure this arrangement is written into the contract.

If any of the following apply:

• the goods are not delivered within 30 days
  • the trader refuses to deliver the goods
  • the trader fails to deliver the goods by the agreed time or within the agreed period and it is clear from circumstances that were apparent when the contract was made that the time or period for delivery was essential
  • you told the trader before you entered into the contact that delivery without undue delay, within 30 days, at the agreed time or within the agreed period was essential
  • in any other circumstances, you specify a period for delivery of the goods, usually in writing, which the trader fails to meet
... you are entitled to cancel the contract and claim a full refund.

If you order multiple goods from the trader and some of them are not delivered on time or not at all, you have an alternative to ending the contract. You can cancel the order for any of the goods or reject goods that have been delivered. The trader must refund you for the part of the order you cancelled or for the goods you rejected. Where goods form part of a 'commercial unit' (for example, a set of cutlery) you cannot cancel part of the order, you have to cancel the whole order. These Regulations do not prevent you from seeking other remedies for late delivery if you so wish.

The word sucker comes to mind.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The word sucker comes to mind.
Sucker is a bit rude. His beliefs are outdated, I wouldn't want to guess his age but the law changed considerably since I have a kid. Laws had to change when online shopping became the norm. We're no longer dealing with legislation that was brought into law before I had learnt to talk.

as you rightly quoted
"This does not prevent you and the trader from agreeing your own arrangements for delivery but you should ensure this arrangement is written into the contract."
and every customer ticks a box to agree to the terms & conditions as outlined on our website

Associate
Apologies to ScottiB & Gibbo if this has been answered already, but just how far ahead do you get notification of incoming stock to the main distributors/direct from manufacturer?

Is it you only find out when they've arrived and you can order a proportion or do you get irregular updates on when some are on route and weeks away? Do you need to bid on parts then or are prices fixed well in advance?

Would be good to know how far ahead the 'no news today' window stretches, even if it doesn't strictly translate into stock that can be ordered.

I've got a 2060, so the only reason I ordered a 3080 was the potential to max all the game settings to Ultra-eyeball-bursting-shiny :D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Apologies to ScottiB & Gibbo if this has been answered already, but just how far ahead do you get notification of incoming stock to the main distributors/direct from manufacturer?

Is it you only find out when they've arrived and you can order a proportion or do you get irregular updates on when some are on route and weeks away? Do you need to bid on parts then or are prices fixed well in advance?

Would be good to know how far ahead the 'no news today' window stretches, even if it doesn't strictly translate into stock that can be ordered.

I've got a 2060, so the only reason I ordered a 3080 was the potential to max all the game settings to Ultra-eyeball-bursting-shiny :D
That varies massively from supplier to supplier.
MSI, for example, we usually know about three weeks in advance what's coming but, because they come via one of their distributors, we hold off confirming in the update thread until they are a day or two away and the distributor themselves have confirmed.
Asus and Gigabyte vary, but we'd usually have an inkling at least ten days before. KFA gave Gibbo about five weeks notice on the 3090 shipment.

Associate
That varies massively from supplier to supplier.
MSI, for example, we usually know about three weeks in advance what's coming but, because they come via one of their distributors, we hold off confirming in the update thread until they are a day or two away and the distributor themselves have confirmed.
Asus and Gigabyte vary, but we'd usually have an inkling at least ten days before. KFA gave Gibbo about five weeks notice on the 3090 shipment.

Good to know, thanks for working late! ;)

Associate
>Asus TUF Gaming - 236 shipped, 1164 back orders left - Zero incoming

And I thought the Eagle OC had it bad. Thanks for the update @Gibbo btw, always better than being left in the dark.

Soldato
Looks like gibbo is sick of banging his head against the wall, lots of back orders and no support from supplies. Starting to see stock in places that don't even sell components now.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
i would like to know exactly how many orders has oc put in for these cards ?. but i bet there is no reply to this question. are they just putting a few orders in at a time or has they should have ordered them as soon as we paid our money ?
I've covered this a few times before.
We don't "order" the stock until it's available and the price that we pay is set at that time.

Again, it's an outdated belief that manufacturers are supplying against open purchase orders. When stock becomes available it's 'allocated' to their resale partners.

A manufacturer might make a batch of a thousand cards. Nvidia and the manufacturer will have a "split" agreed based on country and the manufacturer (or their local office of one exists) then decides the split in that country, that's the 'allocation'. What many people don't quite realise is how many countries each manufacturer has to serve and the UK are a tiny fraction of the global demand.

I guarantee that every manufacturer knows exactly how many of their cards we have on pre-order. Gibbo reminds them every few days and most of them get weekly automated reports sent to them.

Frankly speaking our lives would be so much easier if we only had to place one order per manufacturer and they delivered against that PO, especially if they honoured that price too. Instead we have to place daily POs for pitiful amounts of stock which has been spread between multiple distributors for each brand and pricing changes constantly!

Last edited:
Associate
Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

I've added a new cell-field in the source spreadsheet call "Production Lag" which is the difference in days between the estimated delivery date (blue line reaching zero) vs. the queue position delta (red line reaching zero). Current the lag is 65 days, or in other words until the red and blues meet, the blue trend line ending at a estimated "2021-06-04" is meaningless.

oimg

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

Back
Top Bottom