Boom radio for we boomers!

Caporegime
Radio Jackie is still going? Wow!

Yep, a staple in our car! Funnily enough last weekend I noticed someone with a Radio Jackie bumper sticker for the first time ever, dunno how long that competition's been going on but if they clock you with their bumper sticker you can win £100 :p

Commissario
If you have a Pihole and want to listen to this online, you'll probably need to add this regex to the whitelist otherwise it won't play.

Code:
(\.|^)sharp-stream\.com$

Associate
I only really listen to the radio at work . Mainly KMFM due to living in Kent and Radio 2 for Popmaster , we try to beat each other at this , though once Ken Bruce changes to Jeremy Vine it's usually Radio 1 or back to KMFM
I must say I sometimes think the local advertising jungles are better than some actual songs.

Man of Honour
I think that radio 2 is now trying for a younger audience
Nope. Still aims for the same audience, the 35 year olds. It's just you've got older. At your age, you're the main audience for Radio 3. :D

Where's the millennials radio station?
Radio 1? Target audience of 15-29 years old.

I'm now apparently the target for Radio 4. Oh dear. I started listening to it when I was 12... :eek:

Permabanned
"The station, which launched on February 14 both online and on DAB in select UK cities has already attracted 100,000 listeners in less than one month. Those behind Boom Radio have been inundated with thousands of enquiries from those looking to tune in on DAB in areas not yet covered. To meet this demand, from Friday morning, listeners across the UK will be able to tune in on DAB from anywhere in the country."
https://www.worlddab.org/news

Permabanned
I'm a millennial and listen to Radio 5. The way I see it:
1- for teenagers
2- for age <30 workers commuting
3- for classical music nerds
4- for toffs
5- for 30+ adults

Soldato
OP
1- for teenagers
4- for toffs
5- for 30+ adults
Dunno R4 is very wide ranging in topics. If you are on a long drive somewhere you can be educated in half a dozen subjects during it. I even listen to woman's hour and I'm not a woman.:D

gEd

gEd

Associate
Man of Honour
1- for teenagers
4- for toffs
5- for 30+ adults

I'd say your cutoffs are a bit low for R1/R2, R1 caters for students (i.e. early 20s) as well and R2 uses DJs who were kicking around R1 etc 15-20 years ago so is catering for people in their 30s to early 40s. R5 is a bit of a weird one because of the sport coverage, that gives it universal appeal (I listed to R5 a lot as a teenager).

I'm a Xennial and my radio station of choice is Radio X, because I like about 90% of the songs they play (no other station gets close to that) and compared to some stations they play a lot of non-singles (album tracks and B-sides) and don't focus on new music too much. Where they do play new music it is usually bang on my tastes so I have discovered a few artists through them. I tend to avoid the more famous jocks (Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan) though because they have a lot of chat with their entourage falling over themselves to laugh at their crap jokes. Adverts are fairly frequent and if you listen a lot their playlist does get a bit repetitive as well, but it depends on the host. Some of the better ones will roll out all sorts of forgotten gems.

I haz 4090!
Don
I tend to avoid the more famous jocks (Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan)
With you 100% when it comes to Moyles. He needs to step aside and let Toby Tarrant take over now, CM just isn't funny at all anymore. Johnny Vaughan though - he's my hero! He's got a proper childish sense of humour, and him, Gav and Sunta are a perfect team. Can't get enough of them :D

Back
Top Bottom