• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Commissario
can anyone explain what the main issue is?

is it s shortage on components to make the cards?> because this ha never happened before, resources are still widely available on planet earth, we are covered for hundreds of years, this is for the special metals thats needed

cant be manufacturing, most of the factories are still open, but with different protocols to safeguard against the virus
Raw materials are there, but there have been issues with everything from getting them out of the ground, to processing them, to transporting them, to making them into components.

As others have said there have been shortages of such simple things as lumber (an order of magnitude or three simpler to produces than a graphics card), concrete, plaster/plasterboard, even cardboard is apparently becoming an issue.
Even things like food has been an issue because the supply chain has been built to supply X amount in bulk to restaurants where rather than say making 50 small packages they'd make one large one (flour was a great example, the flour was there at the mills, but packaged for industrial use not the 1-2kg home cooking supplies that were suddenly needed). I've had trouble getting marmite at times (and no 500g bottles at all), because it's a byproduct of brewing and the breweries they get the yeast from have largely been shut down/at reduced capacity.

The supply chain in the modern world is extremely tight and relies on extremely narrow margins in terms of timing for a lot of things, often at the same time as requiring staff to work in close proximity to each other for shifts, and if you suddenly have to "just" increase the distance between staff in a factory it can mean things like running at half capacity because you've built the lines for maximum efficiency with staff maybe 1m apart.

Associate
ty problem is that I only have the money I have spent on the card so its like either one ! I have not been able to land a job yet ! XD

It's a tricky situation but if I was you I'd try and find a reasonably priced older card in the second hand market (though even there prices are inflated a bit at the moment) as a holdover until things get back to normal. Pocket the balance of your refund for a rainy day and hopefully by the time the 40 series is launched both the market and your financial situation will have improved. I know it's not what you want, but it will allow you to play most or all games, if not at max settings and you'll ultimately save yourself from undue stress. Unfortunately it's just a crazy time to be buying a new gaming system of any kind.

Back then though they probably thought they would all be fulfilled in a couple of months.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. OC were only prepared for everything going as expected, despite the many indications at the time that that was very unlikely. They're paying for it and rightly so.

Associate
Raw materials are there, but there have been issues with everything from getting them out of the ground, to processing them, to transporting them, to making them into components.

As others have said there have been shortages of such simple things as lumber (an order of magnitude or three simpler to produces than a graphics card), concrete, plaster/plasterboard, even cardboard is apparently becoming an issue.
Even things like food has been an issue because the supply chain has been built to supply X amount in bulk to restaurants where rather than say making 50 small packages they'd make one large one (flour was a great example, the flour was there at the mills, but packaged for industrial use not the 1-2kg home cooking supplies that were suddenly needed). I've had trouble getting marmite at times (and no 500g bottles at all), because it's a byproduct of brewing and the breweries they get the yeast from have largely been shut down/at reduced capacity.

The supply chain in the modern world is extremely tight and relies on extremely narrow margins in terms of timing for a lot of things, often at the same time as requiring staff to work in close proximity to each other for shifts, and if you suddenly have to "just" increase the distance between staff in a factory it can mean things like running at half capacity because you've built the lines for maximum efficiency with staff maybe 1m apart.
1 metre at best in some places.

Associate
WOOHOO 6 weeks stuck in the same place on the brink of the Inno3d 3080 queue (it's a new record chaps , I'm so excited!!!). Is Chinese New Year over now or has it been extended indefinitely?? ...as they don't seem to be ramping up any production (you would have thought March would finally be the time to get their output in gear, but no...) and QUIET as usual from Inno3d with the same crappy inept tweets that they usually give out.

Fool me for being susceptible to the looks of their card, and not actually going for a mainstream manufacturer.

This has well and truly ruined the excitement of getting ANY new technological part now, I don't think I can ever view the process of preordering and getting excited about a new card ever again... Who here feels the same?

Associate
This has well and truly ruined the excitement of getting ANY new technological part now, I don't think I can ever view the process of preordering and getting excited about a new card ever again... Who here feels the same?

Gibbo is recommended people with back orders now cancel. It’s depressing, might as well just wait for the refresh or the next gen.

Numbers are looking terrible on 3080 and 3090 for March with no forward shipments coming from any vendor.

Cards not listed above is because we no longer have back orders, a dire situation considering were more than six months on and stock is still terrible, our advice now is customers request a refund via the online form

Permabanned
Gibbo is recommended people with back orders now cancel. It’s depressing, might as well just wait for the refresh or the next gen.
Ehhh I feel like its more recommending to people getting **** all movement, unlike people in say the TUF OC or Strix OC queue, would seem pointless to quick those queues since stock actually somewhat exists

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Yes as Scotti has said it’s extremely frustrating times, all components are in shortage hence lack of CPU’s, memory and other components also but those are easier to handle and there is always alternatives.

But right now as of today it’s a struggle to find anything in stock that is faster than a 1050Ti it takes a lot of searching. You can’t just log onto a webshop and buy a 1660, 2060, 3060 or 3070 let alone a 3080, you’ve got to search and either get lucky or be part of an alert network. Shipments are so slim and right now the whole world wants to buy graphics card whether they be gamers, scalpers, miners, businesses etc. As such demand is now at a point where supply can’t even come close and as such this situation is unlikely to improve this year.

My advice is:
1. Less than 100 in a queue, sit tight as we will get more incoming stock.
2. Keep searching and trying to find a card and if you do find one buy it!
3. If your above 100 in a queue and it’s the final part of a build buy anything you can find 1050Ti and above to complete your build and seriously consider requesting a refund.
4. Also watch for other GPUs dropping like a 3060/3070 or even 3090 and if you get one then request a refund.

The fact is we’re never gonna be selling 3080’s again but we will use all and anything we get against back orders and upgrading orders if we ever get to that situation.

Not a lot more I can say really as there are no 3080’s due at all at the moment, all that seems to ship at present to us is 3060 and 3070 along with odd 3090.

Associate
Hi there

Yes as Scotti has said it’s extremely frustrating times, all components are in shortage hence lack of CPU’s, memory and other components also but those are easier to handle and there is always alternatives.

But right now as of today it’s a struggle to find anything in stock that is faster than a 1050Ti it takes a lot of searching. You can’t just log onto a webshop and buy a 1660, 2060, 3060 or 3070 let alone a 3080, you’ve got to search and either get lucky or be part of an alert network. Shipments are so slim and right now the whole world wants to buy graphics card whether they be gamers, scalpers, miners, businesses etc. As such demand is now at a point where supply can’t even come close and as such this situation is unlikely to improve this year.

My advice is:
3. If your above 100 in a queue and it’s the final part of a build buy anything you can find 1050Ti and above to complete your build and seriously consider requesting a refund.
4. Also watch for other GPUs dropping like a 3060/3070 or even 3090 and if you get one then request a refund.

The fact is we’re never gonna be selling 3080’s again but we will use all and anything we get against back orders and upgrading orders if we ever get to that situation.

Not a lot more I can say really as there are no 3080’s due at all at the moment, all that seems to ship at present to us is 3060 and 3070 along with odd 3090.
i tagged you 2 pages back for some help if you can see my post

Associate
Ehhh I feel like its more recommending to people getting **** all movement, unlike people in say the TUF OC or Strix OC queue, would seem pointless to quick those queues since stock actually somewhat exists
he quite clearly stated zero incoming on all the cards as they have nothing coming from the distributors that are between them and the AIB companies. the situation is rather dire indeed globally.

Associate
Hi there

My advice is:

I Really feel sorry for overclockers and any other retailer atm. It really is just unbelievable that this situation could ever happen.
Let's pray thing get back to pre 2020 soon

Associate
I feel for OC too. Yes, they perhaps took a few more orders than was prudent, but nobody could have envisaged this level of delay. Not for this length of time.

They can only ship what they have.

Associate
Guess you live under a rock because its not even the computer parts market getting screwed at the moment, the automotive market is being screwed as well not being able to get chips for the computers in the newest cars. As for miners this is due to the hugh cryto rise thats why mining is back in full force so yes miners are one of the cause for a shortage. For manufactoring, nobody really knows. On the delivery side, yes you might recieve stuff nice and quick like a lot of us but thats because its in stock, its a different story when its coming over and getting stuck in customs due to Brexit.

Ports are blocked due to thousands of crappy PPE containers taking all the space, it is not fit for use so it sits there, if they had any common sense they should move them all to a disused airfield/runway and free up the ports.
This was the case months before Brexit finally happened and they are still blocking ports now as far as I know, hence ships circling off the coast awaiting space.

OcUK Staff
Umm, not sure about that. I think it be largely back to normal by June/July. It has to get better soon.

Zero chance, it will be 2022 before things get better and even that may not happen. Don’t think some of you realise the true level of demand from all segments at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom