HD650 Repair

Soldato
Hi folks.

I have had a quick Google but thought to ask here.

The right channel on my 650's have started to cut out.

They are about 4yrs old and appear immaculate.

Sort of thing where I can move where they are on my head and they will work fine.

However, they have slowly got worse and now its really annoying!

Figure they are out of warranty so wondering if there are repair services out there or is it something I could try and sort.

Feels like a loose connection somewhere within the headset...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate.

Associate
Drop Sennheiser a message, think they can repair at a price but might be cheaper to buy some matched drivers from them, I think they still offer them but you'd need to speak to their spare parts, should be about £50 for a pair. Have you checked the drivers to see if something is physical cutting out the sound? the drivers come out quite easily so give them a clean, worth a shot; usually cutting out is an internal issue but you never know.

C64

C64

Soldato
more likely to be the cable, happens to every headphone cable ever given enough use
Buy a spare cable you'll end up needing one anyway and might solve the issue before sending them off etc only a tenner not like the old days when only option was sennheiser official for £40

Soldato
OP
I gave up with the standard cable (probs been run over many times with a heavy chair).

Long story short.

Bought a new cable as advised, cans are glorious!

Thanks for the advice (I reckon these HD650's will go on forever!!!!)

Soldato
My 598s headband where it hits the ear got mangled under a chair wheel. I phoned up sennheiser and they sent out a new headband for about £25 and i fitted it my self but they were highly suggesting insend it in but if you are handy with a screwdriver its not difficult

Soldato
OP
My 598s headband where it hits the ear got mangled under a chair wheel. I phoned up sennheiser and they sent out a new headband for about £25 and i fitted it my self but they were highly suggesting insend it in but if you are handy with a screwdriver its not difficult
I think the cable got crushed a tad.

I have one of those Noble chairs, heavy. And despite that, moved house a couple of times.

I'm just glad they work and there is no damage to the headphones.

Back
Top Bottom