**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
That’s the end of Izzy vs Jones, I’m no Jones fan but if Jan, who lets be honest is one of the weakest LHW champions of all time, handles him like that I dread to think what Jones would do.

Izzy is too small for 205

Soldato
On night shift, just LOL if you stayed up to watch this fight night, Edwards fight after a long lay-out no-decision'ed after a fight ending and gross eye poke. Hopefully not another Bisping situation.

Soldato
On night shift, just LOL if you stayed up to watch this fight night, Edwards fight after a long lay-out no-decision'ed after a fight ending and gross eye poke. Hopefully not another Bisping situation.

Yeah...so glad I didn't stay up late to watch the show. Between eye-pokes and illegal knees they really need to look at the rules. That kind of thing is sickening and won't do the sports reputation any good... I just hope the injury is not too serious...

Caporegime
Some crazy finishes last night.

Big win for Grant which was remarkable considering it looked like his foot was badly damaged.

That was a horrible eye poke one of the worst I’ve seen.

Soldato
Glad to see Woodley getting put away - Just retire already - 4 BAD losses, he's done, should never see another Main card again. Looks like he's simply lost the hunger to fight and simply turning up for a pay day.

What can you say about Francis - Great guy, devastating power, happy for him. He speaks so well post fight and sounds like a really gentle guy....Then walks into the ring and he's a monster. Pleased for him - He brutally KO's Jones if that fight happens.

O'Malley put on a good fight - should have finished earlier rather than trying the walk off KO.....

Associate
Feel bad for Miocic, a stand up guy and was a great champion. He ate some big shots from Ngannou in the first round when most would have got dropped, but there's only so much damage one man can take especially from a beast like Ngannou, he is just something else.

Soldato
More interested in seeing how black beast vs Francis plays out now he is champ.

While the last fight was dreadful, truly dreadful Francis looked afraid of the beast.

he would have to go for it more if he wants to keep the belt and Lewis, well both of them can knockout any man alive.

Soldato
Great fight. Great to see Ngannou win, obviously means a huge amount and a gracious and decent winner. Looking forward to watching his defences.

Women's fights have been really weak recently, just a bit ho-hum, or Nunez battering another victim. Can't remember the last great fight, probably Zhang Weili last year? Shevchenko is going to eat Andrade for breakfast.

Soldato
Straw weight is the only one with a modicum of depth and excitement but there hasn't been many big fights lately... the title fight at UFC 261 might be decent.

Above that you only have two elite fighters; Valentina at flyweight who has zero competition in a thin division and is pretty boring 95% of the time (other 5% was that head kick) as she's a points fighter, and Nunes who terrifies all the other women at bantamweight because she has one punch TKO power - another division that's thin - and featherweight seems to only exist for her to defend the belt against cans they've dredged up from somewhere.

Soldato
This weekend is going to be legit. What a card for the first event with a proper crowd in - hoping for three great title fights and obviously all the champions are favourites but it’s MMA and shock results can happen...

Ree

Ree

Associate
not gonna lie i preferred it with no crowds hearing all the shots land and hear them talk etc instead of dumbasses chanting usa.

Back
Top Bottom