Herman Miller Aeron vs Embody

Associate
OP
you’d have to try them really. As another poster said, the C does have a longer seat which can be uncomfortable for some people if their thighs are relatively short or they naturally sit right back in the chair. Though this can be mitigated somewhat with a footrest, which I think you should use anyway if you’re in a chair for long periods.

I found the B comfortable but small. Okay for 30 mins. The C however, I can sit in all day, every day and have done for about 10 years.
I have a pillow as a footrest right now, until i get something better haha. I think im gonna go to the showroom in london to try them all. Cant really decide from looking online.

Associate
Well my embody is going back. The chair has developed a really annoying squeak when I recline in it. They say it’s normal, but I would expect more from a chair at this cost. Don’t get me wrong, it is a good chair, but I am not having that noise for 12 years!

Will probably try the Aeron next.

Associate
Well my embody is going back. The chair has developed a really annoying squeak when I recline in it. They say it’s normal, but I would expect more from a chair at this cost. Don’t get me wrong, it is a good chair, but I am not having that noise for 12 years!

How did it feel comfort and posture wise? I am considering an embody at the moment.

Associate
Comfort was certainly better than my previous IKEA chair, but it still hurt my legs a bit after a while.
Posture wise it was good, especially after tweaking the tension a bit. Came up a decent length on my back too.

Some annoyances though, like it is easy for the adjustable front to side back in. And the bloody squeak.

Associate
OP

Ive actually heard a lot of people say the same thing about the noise it makes. Something about how the plastic parts are all put together. I think the aeron is a better built chair. Maybe because they are selling them to corporations.

If you do get the aeron next, then let us know how you feel about the difference.

Associate
Ive actually heard a lot of people say the same thing about the noise it makes. Something about how the plastic parts are all put together. I think the aeron is a better built chair. Maybe because they are selling them to corporations.

If you do get the aeron next, then let us know how you feel about the difference.

The plastic noise is different I think. You can hear that when it flexes but that doesn't bother me. This is like a metal not oiled type noise. I will probably try an Aeron, as why not? Just deciding if I go for size B or C.

Associate
OP
The plastic noise is different I think. You can hear that when it flexes but that doesn't bother me. This is like a metal not oiled type noise. I will probably try an Aeron, as why not? Just deciding if I go for size B or C.
Ah right, yeah thats not the best when youre paying so much for it. I think for most people a b is good enough but the c is better if youre over 6ft. I will most likely go with an aeron but i want to at least sit in them after lockdown is over and shops open up again.

Associate
Ah right, yeah thats not the best when youre paying so much for it. I think for most people a b is good enough but the c is better if youre over 6ft. I will most likely go with an aeron but i want to at least sit in them after lockdown is over and shops open up again.

The advantage with buying remote though is the full free collect/return process and 14 days to try it out.

Associate
Did you end up buying one @OM3GA? Anyone else have any more opinions on these two? Going to buy one when they do the 15% off this year but don't know whether I should go for the Aeron or Embody

gEd

gEd

Associate
Well the Aeron is considered to a design classic and one of the finest desk chairs of all time whereas HM describe the Embody as their new flagship.
Unless you go and try one for yourself, all you will on the internet are opinions from people with different body sizes, shapes, posture, desks, habits and preferences.

I was lucky enough to work in offices for 17 years where everyone had an Aeron. Chairs were never a topic of discussion, that's how good they are. Only a tiny few ever developed faults and nearly everything on these chairs is replaceable.
When I changed companies and started WFH, I bought my own top-of-the range Aeron and love it, although with hindsight I should perhaps have gone for the [edit] C size instead of B but it's fine.

As was said last March, if you can but on sales or return I guess you have nothing to lose but it would be prefereable to try one out at a store first.

Oh and when the HM guy delivered my chair, he didn't just hand over the box but actually spent time to advise me on how to set the chair up for the correct posture. Class.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the reply, yeah, ideally I would go to a shop to test them all but unfortunately I'm not in a situation where that would be possible at the moment.

After a lot of reading I ended up ordering the Embody which should be delivered next week. Not sure if I made the right choice but I'll give it a good go for the 14-day period, if I end up not getting on with it I'll return it and get the Aeron

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, yeah, ideally I would go to a shop to test them all but unfortunately I'm not in a situation where that would be possible at the moment.

After a lot of reading I ended up ordering the Embody which should be delivered next week. Not sure if I made the right choice but I'll give it a good go for the 14-day period, if I end up not getting on with it I'll return it and get the Aeron

I'd be interested to hear on your thoughts on the Embody as it looks like it might be a good fit for me. I've actually got a Steelcase Gesture on the way, but if that doesn't work out I might be tempted to try the Embody out.

Associate
I'm off to John Lewis in Solihull tomorrow, they do say online that they have a selection of Herman Millers on display, hoping to give them a try out before pushing the button.

Associate
Definately give them a try at JL. Dont think they stock the embody though.

The Aeron classic vs remastered are very similar. The classic can be had for a fraction of the price on various sites.

I prefer the location of the controls on the classic, but the mesh/tilting on the remastered.

Associate
I'm looking to get the Embody too, I'm looking to avoid the gaming version though due to the reviews. There are a few retailers who seem to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom