Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
Got my FTW3 block and plate from EK from OCUK, wish I pre-orded (nearly did) as would have got block for £139.99! oh well.

Went for a nickel back plate, have had them before. This one is mirrored but not quite like a mirror, I life the texture, it looks a bit like an alien artefact in person. Unfortunately a patch of potential plating failure, have made EK aware, will see what they say.

Might be worth following the thread below and others. Few people with FTWs have had their cards die after installing a block.
https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooli...ly_is_it_that_i_killed_my_gpu_during/gpt3v8t/

Last edited:
Soldato
For 3090FE in black, speaking to them now as did not receive updated E-mail indeed seems next batch out the door which I am in, is expected end of this week or start of next week to be shipped.

I expect to likely have it in hand sometime week commencing 22nd I think given border issues, customs and all that fun stuff if it ships start of next week.

Well got an E-mail now saying stock will come in on the 19th :o when is the next delay I wonder!

Soldato
It's gonna be like blocking my first card up again with this GPU, seeing as there aren't any around as 'backup' to buy!

Will have to go full Dr House on it.

RMA on backplate approved:) It's pointed away from visible area but any corrosion in future could be an issue and it should be perfect anyway!

Associate
Well got an E-mail now saying stock will come in on the 19th :o when is the next delay I wonder!

Everything has been frustrating about this block release.
From giving the impression in Sept/Oct the blocks would be released soon. To sending out emails to people saying their card will be restocked in 2-3 days, then missing it by another 14....

Associate
A store in the netherlands has the 3090 silver version in stock somehow.

Yeh and they also had black in stock ready to dispatch.
Funny because I had just posted my frustrating release post above, then find not only are many still waiting, but another shop has had them in stock :D

Soldato
Yeh and they also had black in stock ready to dispatch.
Funny because I had just posted my frustrating release post above, then find not only are many still waiting, but another shop has had them in stock :D
Quite annoyed too, bad enough it's delayed over and over but they didn't even bother to email to tell me. Having to find out from other users on reddit...

Soldato
Looks like I have 2 of these blocks coming in now.

EK support are saying mine has been restocked and ready to ship. NL retailer shipping today.

Associate
Apparently my 3090FE block is being packed for shipping from Overclockers, I wasn't expecting it until mid April so that's something of a surprise.

Associate
Well I finally installed the Bykski which I brought for £60 from AliExpress during the 11/11 sale. It took 11 days to arrive. I wasn't charged any custom fees because they put the value as $44 :3

I have the 3080 FE, but they rushed to be the first to release the blocks and mistakenly etched 3090 on the backplate :D

Installation was a breeze however the instruction were very bad. It came with 30 screws which confused me a bit and I ended up using only 12 screws. I also had to buy the Gelid 3mm Thermal pads so the board components can make contact with the backplate.

I was using a custom curve of 881v 1850Mhz with the Original Cooler and would get max temp of 65C while playing Red Dead. Using this block with the same curve it reaches 40C.

iAQN4wg.jpg

1W9tk40.jpg

o7GdUyq.jpg

Did yours come with only thermal pads for the front then? Did you use the Gelid 3mm pads for all the places that have the stock white pads on the rear of the card? Also have you checked on your GPU Memory Juncation Temperature while running the GPU at its max?

Soldato
Did yours come with only thermal pads for the front then? Did you use the Gelid 3mm pads for all the places that have the stock white pads on the rear of the card? Also have you checked on your GPU Memory Juncation Temperature while running the GPU at its max?

Yes I brought the Gelid 3mm for the back where the ram would be and other places with the left overs.

Memory Junction Temps when playing Cyberpunk is around 55C

but when Mining it reaches 76C clocked to +1300

8IrR2hk.jpg
roOuZSx.jpg

Associate
Yes I brought the Gelid 3mm for the back where the ram would be and other places with the left overs.

Memory Junction Temps when playing Cyberpunk is around 55C

but when Mining it reaches 76C clocked to +1300

8IrR2hk.jpg
roOuZSx.jpg

Not bad junction temps there. I am hitting over 100C on the stock cooler. So the 3mm makes sense where there is no ram.. but did you put new pads on the parts that already had 1-1.5mm on the back? I.e where the white pads are by default.

Associate
Ooo my black 3090 fe block has just changed to completed. Is today the day? :D

Happy days! On Monday I was told I was 8th in the queue for my order to be fulfilled (I have a silver and black on order mind you) and that it would be restocked by middle of this week. Sounds promising if you have had a completion notification!

Associate
My 3090FE block arrived with not one but two packets of Haribo, Dpd were early the driver had to wait 45 seconds before he could hand it over! The block itself is very heavy it looks incredibly well made, looking forward to fitting it although that’s going to be the weekend I think.

Soldato
My 3090FE block arrived with not one but two packets of Haribo, Dpd were early the driver had to wait 45 seconds before he could hand it over! The block itself is very heavy it looks incredibly well made, looking forward to fitting it although that’s going to be the weekend I think.

dang nice, kinda surprised third parties got stock before what seems like a massive backlog on EKs own site has even started being fulfilled. Will be curious to see your memory temps. I suspect the backplate will make temps a non issue.

Back
Top Bottom