• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Performing extremely poorly

Associate
I'm very concerned about my Laptop now I've had issues with it so long after purchasing my "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV NVIDIA RTX 2060, 16GB, 15.6"

I'm not sure how to diagnose if it's broken or not as I've not really had a gaming laptop before could you guys help with any suggestions on how I should go about it.

Associate
OP
Ah sorry I forgot to mention I'm just getting low FPS on certain games like Hearts of Iron IV and Warhammer Total War 2 and can't run them at the optimal settings

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
As implied, with a laptop you shouldn't assume that the GPU is faulty. CPUs can be a bit limp compared to desktop alternatives and throttling is a major consideration.

Things to look out for, check and monitor would include;
is your laptop running in the high performance power mode?
CPU temp,
CPU clock speed,
GPU temp,
GPU clock speed,
GPU usage

Download some monitoring software so that you can get an idea of what's actually happening.

Man of Honour
Yeah I used Userbenchmark and Nvidia Experience thinks I can run most games max but I can't even run things on low or on a lower resolution.
Run something which gives you numbers you can compare widely, like cinebench and 3D Mark

Associate
Play around with the graphic settings, when you reduce the quality of some settings you notice little or no difference. What is the fps benchmark on the Warhammer 2 battle built in benchmark with the recommended settings? (It is found in the advanced graphics setting)

Back
Top Bottom