• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti issue

Associate
Hey guys.
Was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I'm having with an MSI RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio which I recently acquired and tested for the first time over the weekend.
Long story short, it posts, displays an image, and is detected by the latest drivers and MSI afterburner, but every time I stress test the card I get a hard crash at 65°C. Either black screen or blue screen and restart. The card then won't reboot until it is cooled.
The fans start spinning after about 55°C and idle temp sits at around 30°C at base clock.
Just get this crash every time I get to that 65°C mark.
It is currently plugged into an ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming 2 mobo with an Intel i7 8700k cpu, 32gb of corsair vengeance lpx memory oc'd to 3200ghz, and running off a corsair SF750 Platinum PSU.
Any thoughts on this issue would be much appreciated.

Soldato
Possibly one of the mosfets or vram chips are overheating. the 65c is just for the core, but many other components need active cooling.

As gtiracer mentioned, there could be an issue with the thermal pads on the secondary PCB components (not paste).

Though I wouldn't have expected a 2080ti would have that issue, thermal pads can degrade but on older GPU's - could mean that this graphics was run a very temps for long periods of time, such as mining, which can damage thermal pads. Other things that could cause that issue is if the card was disassembled and not put back together correctly or if the cooler has started separating from the PCB due to GPU sag

Back
Top Bottom