• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I've read a couple of reviews saying the 6900 XT has large power usage spikes - in LTT's video review he mentions even having to switch out their Seasonic 1000W PSU as the OCP kept getting tripped.

Has anyone run into any power related problems? I have an 850W version of this: https://seasonic.com/prime-ultra-titanium so wondering if I might run into the same issue that Linus did...
5 year old XFX 850 Gold here. No problems at all and I like to push my card. I haven't heard of any 6900 XT owners on these forums reporting any such problems. Heard of a few 3090s behaving like that though...

Caporegime
Everyone must be settled in with there new 6900Xt’s.

Thread seems a bit quiet these days.
Yep, using a 2300Mhz/2012Mhz clock profile here which is more than fast enough for my games and have the GPU running at only 0.975v.

Draws around 225W under heavy load according to HWINFO64 PPT metric. :)

Associate
Yep, using a 2300Mhz/2012Mhz clock profile here which is more than fast enough for my games and have the GPU running at only 0.975v.

Draws around 225W under heavy load according to HWINFO64 PPT metric. :)

Nice, what temps are you seeing under load, Hot Spot/GPU at that voltage/clocks/Power draw?..

Is that with your XFX Merc?.

Associate
I've read a couple of reviews saying the 6900 XT has large power usage spikes - in LTT's video review he mentions even having to switch out their Seasonic 1000W PSU as the OCP kept getting tripped.

Has anyone run into any power related problems? I have an 850W version of this: https://seasonic.com/prime-ultra-titanium so wondering if I might run into the same issue that Linus did...

I'm running my 6900XT on an ROG Thor 850w which I think is based on a similar Seasonic PSU and it's been fine so far in Cyberpunk.

Soldato
Everyone must be settled in with there new 6900Xt’s.

Thread seems a bit quiet these days.
Yes performance wise there isn't a lot to say, Cyberpunk being about the only game it can't run max setting at 4K. I had my card mount vertically for a week but it was a bit too in your face for me. It was a bit like having a bright green or orange Ford Focus ST when I'd rather have something for subtle, lie a Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. :D Here are some pics of the card mounted both ways:

V85Q8bZ.jpg

BbikSH0.jpg

Mnw3vgH.jpg

5uJ5wOo.jpg

CGivCIV.jpg

0ZjLEaE.jpg

I think ultimately, it was the fins at the end of the card that swung it for me. They look awesome horizontally but vertically, they are kind of misshapen and look more like bars.

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on a custom build with a 6900XT last one they had. I wanted to build my own but no hope in finding cards anywhere. Can’t wait to get going, coming from an older Alienware 17 with 880m... will be epic

Caporegime
Just pulled the trigger on a custom build with a 6900XT last one they had. I wanted to build my own but no hope in finding cards anywhere. Can’t wait to get going, coming from an older Alienware 17 with 880m... will be epic

Sweet man, throw up some pics when you get it all settled in :)

Soldato
Chaps, having an annoying problem with the new card and my monitor...

Every time the monitor wakes up from power saving mode, the resolution drops to 1280x800 (maximum available to select in Windows). I need to turn it off and back on again for it to get back to 3440x1440. This didn't happen with my old Vega 64, so I assume it's a 6x00 series "bug". Monitor is an LG 34GK950F-B.

Any ideas what setting(s) I might need to tinker with? in either Windows or Radeon control panel?

Lovely! Is that the Hyper X keyboard? My keys have worn exactly like yours, been wondering if you can buy replacements recently...

It's a Drevo Blademaster, but I've put the textured Corsair FPS keys on there! But yeah they have worn out pretty badly, so I should probably get some replacements...

Nice! You will love it :D

Back
Top Bottom