MacBook Pro Windows Equivalent?

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Hey Guy,

I’ve had my MacBook Pro 13” (Early 2015) for 5 years now and looking at switching back to windows, can anyone recommend anything?

I’ve been looking at Dell XPS and LG Gram but is there any other makes and models I should consider too?

Cheers
Zaf

Soldato
I've had my MacBook Pro 13” (Early 2015) for 5 years now and looking at switching back to windows, can anyone recommend anything?

Yes, buy another MacBook :D

Seriously though. Those new M1 MacBook's are by all accounts amazing. Even if l wanted to run Windows apps I'd probably still buy a MacBook and just run parallels or a virtual machine.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
OP
I do quite a bit of microprocessor firmware development, and I just find the workflow in Windows better, this is probably the main reason for switching back. Also USB pass through in virtual environments aren’t the best.

Soldato
I was initially put off Huawei for just being Huawei lol but looking at the spec and price, it does look like a more practical option over both the XPS and Gram.
I ran a 2018 model (i7 / 16gb / 512ssd) for around 18 months and have just moved across to a Zephyrus G15 as I wanted a bit more grunt and a bigger display.

The Mrs has now been given the Matebook as I still thinks its a great device. Excellent battery life and more than enough power for 90% of tasks you encounter - the only slow downs I experienced was when running close to 100 chrome tabs, numerous excel sheets and work software. Heck I even did some light gaming on it as it has the MX150.

I have not looked into the new one but I would assume its equally as good. The only thing that I would look for though in a thin and light would be the new Ryzen processors as from what I gather, they are significantly better than the intel offerings.

Back
Top Bottom